ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you doing to your track car over Winter?

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Get the new sills fitted and painted
Ignition service (plugs,leads,dizzy)
New bonnet catches
Get a harness bar made up for the cage
Mot it

Hasn't moved in a while :(

21189267274_1a8fb4ab2d_z.jpg
2015-09-29_03-32-55 by terry clarke, on Flickr

172 Cup
In order of importance
1) New exhaust to replace the one who' innerds tried to free themselves during the final hillclimb event of the season
2) 15" wheels & List 1B tyres (probably R888R)
3) Front brake discs & pads
4) Lowered seat & harnesses

Track 172 Cup
i'm picking a 172 cup up tomorrow if you're after something?

I was just thinking of an engine to put on a stand and tinker with (i.e strip down and have it ready built back up with ported head, cam's etc as a project in the spare time as and when I can chuck some spare money at it or find cheap turbo parts lol) is just a pipe dream at the minute.

172, BMW 650i & X5
not heard of it tbh, but I'm only interested in the smooth stuff, rallycross is too hard in the car and wallet! I need to keep mine road legal.
Must admit it's got my curiosity peaked. Could be interesting and runs through the winter

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Im in the process of removing the PAS for a conversion to EPAS later in the year, running manual for a while.

Also relocating the battery to the boot, and fitting a cup alternator setup now that aircon is removed. Then going to thin out the wiring and remove the air con stuff from under the scuttle.

well f**k… whats done:
-Remove engine
-EPAS set up
-ABS delete (although servo is gone i think)
-Cup alternator set up
-Cambelt/dephaser/water pump/clutch service
-Strip car, removing unesesary wiring
-Gut door panels
-Paint engine bay

Needs to be done:
-Roll centre correction hubs
-6 point roll cage (dash dodger)
-New set of semis on track wheels
-Get some more different weight springs (harder for the front and rear)
-Polycarbs (front rear and tailgate)
-Wire in internal and external cut offs

ergh

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting married next year so spare funds are non existence. I'd like to get my b14s rebuilt tho and get a custom exhaust as my ktec stealth is a bit loud. Apart from that she doesn't need anything.
Not driven her for 4 months. It's gutting.

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Fit the pms strengthening kits to rear beam and subframe, gripper diff and Megane 5th gear, possibly itb's and fit my fibreglass boot and bonnet and possibly buy fibreglass doors!

Oh and paint the inside but have no idea what colour... Looks like this at the mo

image.jpeg

Track 172 Cup
I'm getting married next year so spare funds are non existence. I'd like to get my b14s rebuilt tho and get a custom exhaust as my ktec stealth is a bit loud. Apart from that she doesn't need anything.
Not driven her for 4 months. It's gutting.

Same here haha I'm getting ball and chained next year so totally understand the having no spare fund's plus anything I do manage to save get's spent on our new daughter lol.

Fit the pms strengthening kits to rear beam and subframe, gripper diff and Megane 5th gear, possibly itb's and fit my fibreglass boot and bonnet and possibly buy fibreglass doors!

Oh and paint the inside but have no idea what colour... Looks like this at the mo

View attachment 137630

Looks like a good list hope you have a build thread or keep us updated at least. I wouldn't mind a full cage once mine is totally off the road and is on the trailer everywhere when we do track days.

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Same here haha I'm getting ball and chained next year so totally understand the having no spare fund's plus anything I do manage to save get's spent on our new daughter lol.

Looks like a good list hope you have a build thread or keep us updated at least. I wouldn't mind a full cage once mine is totally off the road and is on the trailer everywhere when we do track days.

I will get around to doing a build thread although I have done a little write up in here earlier today http://www.cliosport.net/threads/seans-bg-182-track-car-introduction.782750/

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Spend my money on sensible stuff

Track ace wheel aligner kit
Top mounts
Cup dampers
Tyres for the 15" wheels
Uprated gearbox mount

Then save cash for a 200 or 250 cup.
Joe,
If your interested I can get hold of some one race worn Dunlop Direzza 036 195/50/15 tyres, these have come from a friend who races in the clio 182 series £30 a tyre.
Based in Hunstanton, PM me if your interested.
Cheers
James

Joe,
If your interested I can get hold of some one race worn Dunlop Direzza 036 195/50/15 tyres, these have come from a friend who races in the clio 182 series £30 a tyre.
Based in Hunstanton, PM me if your interested.
Cheers
James
Are they slicks or a semi? Won't be anytime soon as I need top mounts and dampers before its worth me.doing the alignment.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
* Even more weight loss from the inside + painting it a dark grey
* Braided brake lines
* Coil overs
* Solid Engine mounts
* Poly bushing the front end (if I have time and money left!)

It's been left at my parents for a few weeks now and I haven't touched it as I was away for two weekends with work, which has annoyed me. So hopefully start next weekend with removing the seats, front door cards and the tar stuff in preperation to paint the insides. Brother has agreed to help fit the braided lines this side of Christmas and then coil overs after Christmas.

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Are they slicks or a semi? Won't be anytime soon as I need top mounts and dampers before its worth me.doing the alignment.
Semi Slicks mate, I have 5 sets either to sell or just save for the next few seasons!

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Safety Devices cage should be coming in the next few weeks, then need to find some fixed reacaro buckets and harnesses.
Mintex M1166 pads as I destroyed mine on the last outing at Snetterton.
Also upgrading the springs on my BC Coilovers and have ordered some Team Dynamic pro race 1.2's in 15 inch, for my 5 sets of part worn Direzzas that I have purchased.

Clio 172 Track Car
Took a delivery of Federal 595 RSR's today for fitting, looking forward to getting one more (hopefully dry) track day in next month at Brands or Bedford.

Funny enough I thought of this thread today, flat tire on the BMW, so used my caged/stripped clio for the daily commute out to client meetings, not sure its the usual choice for a daily, I got some funny looks pulling up. The joys of keeping it road legal-ish and MOT'd I guess.

BF

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
i have got loads of new parts to be fitted, seats, harnesses, cage, brakes, coilovers, bushes, engine mounts and a whole load more, but may be on hold due to more redundancy's at work, bloody oil industry ha

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well hopefully Custom Cages 6 point cage is getting bought and fitted, which also would be nice if anybody knew where I can get some door cards for the front second hand ideally as its budget (tight as cramp ).

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Most parts from gearbox is currently spread across my drive trying to remove it so it can go off for a refurb!
Plastic Windows
New set of tyres
Solid top mounts
Tidy up in the engine bay
And brakes DS3000 probably would appreciate feedback if anyone has used them

Track 172 Cup
Well hopefully Custom Cages 6 point cage is getting bought and fitted, which also would be nice if anybody knew where I can get some door cards for the front second hand ideally as its budget (tight as cramp ).

Do you just need front door cards? My mate has just stripped out his clio and was going to bin his interior not sure what he has done with door card's but i'll ask him (your local anyway)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Do you just need front door cards? My mate has just stripped out his clio and was going to bin his interior not sure what he has done with door card's but i'll ask him (your local anyway)

Are these the flat type like cm composites or just normal ones? Its still got the standard door cards in it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
LOL thought so, nah we need to take the old stuff out so the doors will close when we get the cage.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Its going in storage after this Sunday's track day, until mid March.... Hopefully that will stop me spending cash on it!!!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Expensive winter for me:

- New passenger seat as current one is out of date
- Get front discs skimmed
- Weld in new seat rails
- Have cross door bar made and weld in
- Fit new sequential gearbox
- Fit one piece valves/new cambelt
- Fit softer front springs
- Full geo alignment

And to top it all off have to buy a new helmet as I cant use my one anymore next year..

olly-r

ClioSport Club Member
  clio
Get some toe in on the rear so it sticks over 100 mph better lol

Fix a oil leak I made

Might put some weight in the boot

4 new injectors

Look forward to next years MSV trackday trophy lol

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
removed engine and box to get the box refurbed.
removed aircon and pas to go to manual rack.
remove anything i can for weight.
lower seat for a bit more head room.