ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you doing to your track car over Winter?

Track 172 Cup
I'm debating on painting the inside probably just rattle can, a suspension refresh (have my BC stripped, checked and cleaned if needed) and have it corner weighted (more than likely use Blink Motorsport as they were excellent when doing my alignment/camber adjustment for track) once I've sorted out if my BC need any work doing on them they haven't done much mileage but are looking a little tatty now, Converting to Electric power steering once the parts have been sourced and MAYBE fitting a Full Cage with side bars etc depends on funds, I was buying some ITB but dropped out of buying them as I just don't think I need the extra power yet as I'm still having fun with the standard power level's so saving the money for tyre's, brake pads and track days (oh yeah and Christmas lol).

Done the basic stuff a few weeks ago Oil/Filter and Gearbox Oil was done when the PMS shifter was fitted last week (which I love it feels great)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
New pair of front tyres, probably new front discs as mine are now ever-so-slightly warped, try to adjust the exhaust so it doesn't scrape on speed humps, sort out the front bumper hangers so they don't rub in hard cornering.

So basically, nothing exciting :(

My mechanic does keep pinging me messages about supercharger kits, but I'm ignoring them.

Might have the ASTs rebuilt, also need a gearbox rebuild if I can source the parts, crunching into 3rd and leaking quite badly from the selector seal now 😧
Two more track days until it goes off the road again though :cool:

Track 172 Cup
4 day's left at Oulton for it to get through for mine @MarkX lol will have done about 10-12 days this year (my first year doing track days) and wish I had started sooner, not missed a beat yet as far as the car goes always see other clio's when we're in the pit/paddock jacked up or going home early and we just keep going and going (touch wood it stays the same lol) had a good read of that @NorthloopCup looks like it will be a awesome motor.

4 day's left at Oulton for it to get through for mine @MarkX lol will have done about 10-12 days this year (my first year doing track days) and wish I had started sooner, not missed a beat yet as far as the car goes always see other clio's when we're in the pit/paddock jacked up or going home early and we just keep going and going (touch wood it stays the same lol) had a good read of that @NorthloopCup looks like it will be a awesome motor.

As long as I actually make the last two that'll be 10 for me, couple of issues along the way, O2 and crank sensors and brakes or it would've been more lol

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Ported head
Cambelt and Dehpaser change
Gipper Diff and 5.25 final drive is being sorted by @NorthloopCup as we speak
Light weight flywheel and new clutch
RS2 inlet if I can find one
unsure yet, but may convert the front end to phase 1.

Track 172 Cup
Nice list @bashracing Hen's teeth come to mind with the RS2 lol suppose fly wheel and clutch is a no brainer while gearbox is out. head work is something I would like but would wan't to do cam's at the same time while head is off.

Believe it when I see it lol @bloke when do you get time to do your own car between customers and cleaning up haha.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Letting it get dusty.............

Probably paint the interior, flock the dash and a few other bits, rebuild calipers and replace discs all round

172 Turbo
Mine is still in use as a daily for the Mrs to get to work.

Trying to convince her to drive to work with a cage. And changed my mind after selling my diff and want another. Then just the PMS brace & top mounts and rear ARB to fit.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Changing 172 hubs to 182 extender hubs by @NorthloopCup with new wheel bearings and abs sensors..fitting AST sportline 1 coilovers...front and rear calipers refurb by bigg red plus fluid change..fit angled 45mm bore spacers (when I get them back from engineers it's been 2 months) for ITB's so I can fit my ITG sausage filter and still close the bonnet! may even get some 90mm trumpets :up: which would mean I should get my arse into gear and send my golf rad to @NorthloopCup so he can modify that too. Fit oil catch tank and extend the oil breather pipe, not sure what the size of the pipe is at the mo but I'm sure CS gurus will help And..nut bolt service. :smiley:

Spend my money on sensible stuff

Track ace wheel aligner kit
Top mounts
Cup dampers
Tyres for the 15" wheels
Uprated gearbox mount

Then save cash for a 200 or 250 cup.

clio 172 cup
Building it ordered my pms shifter and steering wheel already only had her last week though so going to be a very expensive winter :)

Track 172 Cup
Got a 13 month old who's draining my car spending money lol not to mention the nursery fees lol I could be rocking a GTR or something if I didn't have kids haha but they're worth it sometimes.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Get properly started and stuck into it

New wishbones, track rod ends and tie rods
Strip carpet, remove sound deadening
Sort out harness mounting points
Fit seats and harness's
Replace cat as its rattling and really annoying
Rota slipstreams to respray anthracite
Buy 2 x Toyo R1R's and swap other tyres over From the F1's
Fit uprated engine mounts
PMS aircon delete

Track 172 Cup
Can't wait just been talking to my dad and he is rebuilding a garage at the rear of some shops that he owns and is going to be doing the garage for having somewhere to work on the clio if we need to lol was thinking of buying a MOT fail or something for a few hundred quid to have and strip down and practice my spanner wielding skills on haha save's practicing on my track car and breaking that, it's a fairly decent size garage so should have plenty of room.

Good idea. I don't work on my car much but having a 106 gti a while ago that I pulled apart taught me if I have the tools I can actually work on a car! Or at least have some confidence even if a 5 minute job takes me an hour!

Track 172 Cup
Would only do it if I can fit it in with my track car would be nice to build a rolling shell up with a proper cage and everything ready for an engine to drop in, would love to be able to work on an engine and have something that I could say 'I built that' unless it's broken down then I would deny any knowledge of doing any work on it lol

But don't half see some bargains sometimes that people want rid or failed MOT etc. Plus I like the idea of a project after seeing some of the build/project threads on here.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
New set of 2118s in silver
You appear to have a 2118 fetish.. :)

My plans are, move car into workshop, fit brake lines, replace bushes & joints, new driveshaft, cambelt and dephaser change early next year, tracking and alignment, then hopefully enjoy it on track!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Absolutely nothing...

File 29-09-2015, 10 08 23.jpeg

Clio 172 Track Car
Mines coming together having only just picked it up, I'd like to finish the cage/harnesses, get new tyres on her and have bit of a shake down on a winter track day. I suspect it'll need new pads/discs up front and I think I have a little alignment issue to sort. I'm inspired by some of these track builds, mines stripped inside but looks like a dirty workshop maybe I'll clean her up and put a fresh lick of paint inside it too.
BF

172, BMW 650i & X5
Might have the ASTs rebuilt, also need a gearbox rebuild if I can source the parts, crunching into 3rd and leaking quite badly from the selector seal now 😧
Two more track days until it goes off the road again though :cool:
Have you seen the Rallycross Revival series starting at Bishopscourt on 5th Nov? Looks VERY interesting and only £75 per day...