ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are good mods ?

I'm getting my first car soon and was just looking for some advice on some good mods that aren't chavtastic :)

Any help would be great

Thanks

what car you getting firstly?

i'd say subtlety is the key. keep it stock looking, bit of colour coding, cleaning it up, removing any stickers. if you look at a few of the 1.2's etc on here theyve got it right.

Yeah Clio 1.2 in probably black or blue :) Your ideas sound great I was petty much thinking some nice looking alloys lower it about 30-35mm and just keep it nice and tidy :)

GTD, Lupo
Would always say the first thing to sort out is ride height as its the most important thing. Wheels first is always a mistake. Best bet is to get a set of coilovers. Even some of the cheaper makes are pretty good these days but you have a lot more options than just springs.

Gorms

Is lowering the car something I could do quite easily by myself or is it better to take it somewhere to get it done I have some experience but mostly with porsche race cars and do you know a rough price ?

Thanks

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
decent set of wheels, lowered 40-60m, dual optic headlights, ph2 rear lights (if you dont like the ph1) colour coding depends on the colour imo..

Edit: decent set of springs will cost you £100-£150? and to fit mayb an hour and a half or less..

fiesta 1.25
If its ph1 definitly needs the dual optic headlights

As for fitting springs, if youve got experience with porsche race cars you will find it easy.

Looking for like a 1998-200 clio still need to learn all these phases and mk's haha sound like a right d**k

That's alright then that will save a bit of money on getting someone to fit them :)

Pug 205 gti
a good mod for me is someone who isnt too power crazy an can take some sort of spam on threads without hitting the delete button. but still make sure the forum is clean an that threads are meant to be.
i love mod's bless you all. xx

Megane 225 F1
Blah blah.....
Turinis
slammed
silvervisions
cup spliter
recaros
coloured bullets and diamond

Blah Blah..

What ever you think looks good dude

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
First car i'd do nothing. Even the slightest change to the car can bump a premium right up.

Family Bus
Definately subtle mods IMO

Or just leave as standard and save pennies for a rainy day tbh.