ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what amp for these subs tech pppl

Stanced Honda S2000

got a pair of rockys 400 watt rms each. they are the punch he2s im running a 1000watt mono block with it kenwood, the new style. ive had it about 6-8months, was well happy with the sound but just red the specs, 200watt rms?!?! f**k im underpowering these subs. whats the best and cheapest way forward. do i sell kenwood, shud get 160-170 for it, revs say its 250new. so what amps ? i know splx are a bit want but what about 2 of there 1000watters ? they must be better or not ?

they are 12 inch subs. seperate boxs and i listen to rnb and dance/trance

help!!

[Edited by Rich_M on 02 August 2004 at 11:19pm]

you prob wont get enough power from a kenwood do kick out 1krms, which you should try and aim for

(1k at 2 ohm)

whats your budjet and il have a think for you

Rorrie

you have to get a seriously powerfull amp to get even 800 watt rms out of it.

imo i would wait till you can afford a powerful enough amp (or 2, one for each) that will compliment yours subs. u have obviously been pretty happy with them up till now, so why not wait a little longer until you can afford whats best.

Pete

Skoda Fabia vRS

your not gonna get somethin more powerful really for that kind of budget

if your running 2 subs off a mono block then it will be 2ohms as long as those subs are single voice coil, are you sure that amp produces 200W RMS at 2ohm ???

whats the model number of your amp

an Alpine MRP-M350 produces 350W RMS at 2ohm an thats £150 or less

Skoda Fabia vRS

oh an dont buy SPLx, there ok for the money, but the 1000W one is 4 channel (2 channel bridgeable) so you would only need one of them, you would have no use for the other

I have a Fusion Jonah Lomu monoblock for sale.

1 x 1250 @ 2ohms

Retail price £1100. Good powerful amp, better than that kenwood rubbish.

£300 + p+p