ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the amp - need subs!

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Hey all,

I posted a while back about some advice regarding subs and here's the deal now. I want some advice on what subs to buy. The amp I have is:
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/183.html
I want two 10 inch subs ideally beacuse I already have the box and it's all ready to go but if I'm making a mistake then I am open to changing that.
I listen to all kinds of music - RnB, Hip-Hop, DnB, Garage, Dance, Trance - bit of everything! I want a SQ and volume if possible. As for the budget, I'm not too sure. 200 notes for a couple of subs would be nice but you guys suggest what's best. Cheers!

Dan.

One with a few more
tbh, witht he power rating on that amp, your not gonna get much of a response from any sub. I'd personally get a pretty good single 10" or 12" and ultimately update the amp

muz

big fat japanese bus
at 2 x 150 rms I would suggest you use that amp for components and wait to get subs

you will need 6-800 RMS for 2 tens to sound good

alternativley it has 300 RMS bridged thats ok for a single 10 or 12

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Is it really not that powerful? I was told it should happily power 1 12inch sub or 2x 10 inch subs as it is a mono amp? I don't want to use this amp for components as I already have an amp for those. What amp would your reccommend for two 10 inch subs? And ideally 200 notes for 2 subs is my budget(ish).

Polo + Micra
yeah just get two 10's with dual 4 ohm voice coils

230wRMS for a ten aint going to be too bad (the JL w0's are "only" 125wRMS)

try asking cad how much two 10" w1v2's are in 8 ohm voice coil

172 mk2 Iceberg
I run 296 w rms into a 12 inch dual 2 ohm sub... wired to give 4 ohm to amp.. its in a 1.2 l box seems to be well enough for a small car.

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
I'm getting quite confused with all these suggestions and figures now! lol Ok so it's not a mono amp, it's 2 channel. Mono means just 1 channel right? Is it worth me getting another of these amps to power the other sub so it'd be one for each sub? Or shall I just go for some subs like Muzz has suggested???
Any more thoughts?

muz

big fat japanese bus
how much money you got to spend?

Those RE subs are amazing for the cash Far better than any japanese of american brand at that price point.

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Well I have that one amp already and the double 10 inch sub box which I like the size and appearance but I'm open to suggestions and could lose that. I was planning to spend around the 200 quid mark on a couple of 10 inch subs but I'm flexible. Money isn't a problem just takes longer to save up a little bit more if I need it. I would like to keep the Kenwood amp and use it if possible. Would it be a better idea to get one 12 inch sub and run that instead? Would I get a decent sound?