ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet track night, AD08R or P - zeros?

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I'm booked up for a track night tonight at knockhill. Weather forecast is "thunder storm" and it's currently pishing down.

Should I stick with the new AD08Rs that i have fitted just now, or put my old wheels back on with P - Zero Neros on?

Also, would 30 psi at the front and 28psi at the back "hot" not that I'm expecting to get them hot in this weather be a good starting point? Or should I go lower?

Cheers,
Neil

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If its pissing it down opt for a better wet tyre, which the ad08's wont be. Out the two p-zeros

Can you not take the both sets of wheels? I'd want the Yokos on in anything other than standing water (which I guess is going to happen if the heavens open) but if you have both and teh conditions are marginal then you can try a session on each to see which you prefer. Sometimes feel/fun is more improtant than grip and the confidnece that a good road tyre like the P zero's give is absolutely brilliant fun in standing water conditions (I'm remembering my wet laps of oulton park on Contisports and it was awesome fun!).

Also, re pressure - if you have lots of tread on the pirrelli tyres then don't be affraid to use a higher psi if the conditions are very puddly, you will need the tread to stay open to make best use of the groove pattern (more important in standing water than contact patch size, imo). And that will go for the ad08's too, if you decide to use them in anything wetter than than "damp"

EDIT: I'm probably a bit late in this reply are'nt I? LOL

Last edited:
  Cayman S, RB 182
Thanks very much for the replies. I'm just home. In the end I kept the AD08Rs on and they worked very well. I'm more than impressed with them. I got enough heat in them on my first outing and then adjusted the pressures to 28psi front and 26 at the back. This felt better as they were at 34/30 when I came in. There was a mix of wet, rain, and standing water which they handled well. I accidentally went onto the wet kerb on Duffus and lost the back end as a result but managed to countersteer and bring it back square again for the left hander.Cannot wait to try them in the dry!!