ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet Floor

Black 172 ph2
Noticed the other day that when slowing down or accelerating there is some water sloshing sound in my car. At first i thought it was coming from the washer bottle then found out that my passanger footwell and under the seat is soaking wet.

Under the passanger seat there are two raised holes that look like they are mount points and i think the water that is in the car is coming out through those when stopping or acclerating!!

There seems to be water (alot of it now) in my sill or floorpan and i need to work out where it is getting in from then also drain the water that is stuck.

Any suggestions???

Check out the rubber seals around the door, look for damage or splits. If that's okay then check the window makes contact with its seals

In front of your windscreen, below the grill there is a well where your wiper motor sits.
This well is drained of water by two drain holes, one far left and one far right. Could be that these drain holes are blocked allowing rain to build up in the well and leak into the car via wiring grommets.

Also check the air-con drain pipe. A blocked tube will cause the condensation to build up and look like a leak. It's located above the passenger's feet and drains water from the A/C condensor usually out the firewall.

Black 172 ph2
Ive checked all the rubber seals and they are in good condition and making contact when door is shut.

I have also checked for blockages under the windscreen by taking the wipers etc off and it is all clean in there.

The passanger footwell is not that wet it is the rear passanger footwell that is like a small lake :( so that prob rules out the A/C.

Flame Red Delight
i had the same problem mate, i am not sure if you car has a sunroof ? but that is what caused the problem on my car. I had to take the full sunroof out and re-seal it.

Black 172 ph2
Not got a sunroof either! Whats confusing me is how is it getting into the sill/floorpan?

Clio Van
i have got the same problem someone said its my areial but mine is on the back as its a clio van 2004 my footwell and behind the seat.

The drivers footwell is full of water and behind the seat and behind the passengers seat is full of water but the front passenger footwell is fine! what could this be? i have a sun roof aswell but thats my last resort to take that out anything else i can dry