ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests 172 Cup Progress Thread

Discounted 1*2 parts
Couple of jobs done today:

New NSR wheel bearing - the droaning noise started to do my head in!
Top suspension mounts replaced - started to click when turning

Discounted 1*2 parts
Still not sure on whether I want to sell or not, keep looking at new cars and would love something turbo'd again but keep thinking I should just TB the clio.

TB's/cams are going to cost £3k ish which I could pay over a few months, or I could sell up and put that £3k towards a different car. What would the resale value be on second hand cams/TB's?

Good work with the updates, I find that little and often keeps the car feeling fresh.

Why not try the cams first then do the TBs?

Just had the new style of top mounts fitted to mine, I can now use full lock without it making a noise!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Good work with the updates, I find that little and often keeps the car feeling fresh.

Why not try the cams first then do the TBs?

Just had the new style of top mounts fitted to mine, I can now use full lock without it making a noise!

That's the route I would go, although if I sell up it would be to get something turbo'd (250-300bhp) so I guess to get the performance I want from the clio I am going to need TB's.

Discounted 1*2 parts
De-wipered this afternoon and a 13mm halfords plastic bung fitted into the wiper surround for the time being. May try and source another surround to fill in the hole, smooth and paint.

Was going to fit the spacers this afternoon and paint the grilles but forgot my brother hadn't brought the trolley jack and axle stands back!