ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests 172 Cup Progress Thread

Discounted 1*2 parts
Cheers for the comments guys. Fitted the cat back yozza Friday night and have done about 300 miles in it this weekend. Although it is not overly loud I think I prefered a quieter exhaust! Must be getting old!

Think that makes my mind up though, keep it oem+

225 Cup & Williams
Get that yozza sold and get yourself a BTB system Tom. I just had one fitted to my 172, sound nice and quite when cruising and has a nice tone to it when you press the loud pedal.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Get that yozza sold and get yourself a BTB system Tom. I just had one fitted to my 172, sound nice and quite when cruising and has a nice tone to it when you press the loud pedal.

Exactly what I want steve! Did u buy it direct from BTB? £399?

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah bought it direct mate really good service from them. Worked out £420 posted and it came within 2 days. Fitment is excellent too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you bought it to sell it after 5 minutes like the Ph1/black 182/200??

Or is this one going to stay?

(You seem to buy them, modify them, then sell them because you want something sensible? :S)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Have you bought it to sell it after 5 minutes like the Ph1/black 182/200??

Or is this one going to stay?

(You seem to buy them, modify them, then sell them because you want something sensible? :S)

This one is here to stay for a while as we have sold the dci now so this is our main car, hence thinking oem is the more sensible route! The ph1/black 182/200 were all toys along side the dci!

Discounted 1*2 parts
Just had a good read through a couple of the stone automotive rs2 threads and that seems a much better option for wanting more power/driveability for daily use. And also half the cost to which is a bonus...

Trafic 140dci
Before you go down the RS2 route, are you far off a cambelt change? As if your belts are needing doing cams would be a very sensible option.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Before you go down the RS2 route, are you far off a cambelt change? As if your belts are needing doing cams would be a very sensible option.

Belts were done with dan @ 519 last year, although that wasn't going to be an issue working at Renault anyway ;)

Nice thomas, i brought myself a FF172 yesterday

Good stuff Impey, when is the 197 going. Oh and there's no such thing as a ff on a 172 ;)

172 Cup
BTB ftw dude, love mine on the cup. Sounds perfect especially if the car is used as a daily ;). Yozza's are nice though, just not sure i i could live with one daily.

Discounted 1*2 parts
So...

Wish list so far:

Exterior:
Bilstein B14 coilovers
Pure motorsport solid top mounts
Whiteline ARB
172 black insert xenons
Silvervision indicator bulbs
Debadge Renault sport badge
Dewiper
Replace Clio badge with new style 200 badge
Carbon bullets
Trophy spoiler
BMW boot struts
3/4 front plate

Interior:
Bimarco futura seats
3" 4 point harnesses (blue)
False floor
Half cage
Flocked dash
Alcantara roof lining
Flocked dash inserts etc in blue
Sabelt steering wheel
Momo boss
Gloss black speedo surround

Engine:
Stone automotive RS2
TDF remap
Redtop battery relocated under seat
BTB stealth exhaust

GW 200T
Ive had the Cup, dont forget im not as young as i use to be maty

Belts were done with dan @ 519 last year, although that wasn't going to be an issue working at Renault anyway ;)

Good stuff Impey, when is the 197 going. Oh and there's no such thing as a ff on a 172 ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Yozza sold and BTB ordered :)

Unfortunately the xenons I bought got broken when Chris removed them from the car so I got a refund on those. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for another set. Gotta be the black inserted ones though!

On a side note, where can I buy 6k bulbs for the xenons? Remember seeing a link somewhere but can't find it now!

Also having a rethink on the interior plans. Thinking bimarcos and a cage are a bit OTT for a daily, may look at a 182 interior or some recaros of some description.

DCi 80 DieselSport
Yep got the BTB fitted Friday afternoon, is an awsome exhaust! Exactly what i wanted :)

You were going to buy this cup? Wasn't aware it was advertised as Adam approached me asking to do a deal with the DCI

Dawns old 1.2 looked lovely but in the end we decided the 8v would be too much of a come down; no matter how nice the car looked.

Then yours came along and the rest is history :)

The Cup was never formally for sale.

Any recent pics Tom?

Discounted 1*2 parts
No not yet Adam, did give it a good clean Friday and came up a treat but was too busy to take pics!

Done a few little changes, smaller aerial, BTB exhaust, new exhaust mounts, new number plate light unit, replaced dash bulbs (one wasn't working) and will be getting some new wipers shortly too :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Theres a vid of mine floating around of the btb exhaust with a de-cat.....OMG is all I can say tbh

Discounted 1*2 parts
Liking the BTB then Tom? Wait until you put a few miles on it, it starts to sound even better.

Excellent!

Theres a vid of mine floating around of the btb exhaust with a de-cat.....OMG is all I can say tbh

Lol, is it much louder than standard? Noise level is perfect as is and not sure I can be bothered with the hassle come MOT time.

Need a new cat to manifold kit tho as one of the nuts is spinning and rattling......

Discounted 1*2 parts
Couple of really quick snaps from the weekend

New number plate light unit to replace the mouldy brown old one!

P1020190.jpg

BTB centre section with new mount

P1020189.jpg

P1020195.jpg

BTB rear section with new mount

P1020193.jpg

Small aerial (thanks Steve!)

P1020196.jpg

Excuse the dirt!

P1020198.jpg

P1020199.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good tom you don't hand around do you.

That rear number plate light is it the same on ph1/ph2's?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Great looking but needs lowzzzzz;)

Bilsteins hopefully on the cards next pay day ;)

Also fancy the pure motorsport top mounts and a bit of negative camber :)

Looks class mate, exhaust is lovely :)

Exhaust is perfect, just need a new cat to manifold kit as one the bolts is just spinning and it rattles at certain revs!

Looks good tom you don't hand around do you.

That rear number plate light is it the same on ph1/ph2's?

Haha, cheers. Yes they are all the same :)

See my traders section for prices ;)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Also sent my stud conversion nuts back to Rarerims who agreed to swap the red nuts for blue nuts, so hopefully they'll be through next week and I can get the spacers and stud conversion fitted :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
Drove the cup for the first time in the rain last night to find the wipers are SH*TE!!

Fitted some new motrio blades this morning along with the other halves number plate (after receiving the documents this morning)

Tom