ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

Re: West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 19th May

waiting on 6 deposits then we are away with the mixer!!

Don if you need Ads deposit i can send it you over and then i can get it off him as i will see him next week when i pick up a few parts??

Unless its already sorted?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
waiting on 6 deposits then we are away with the mixer!!

Don if you need Ads deposit i can send it you over and then i can get it off him as i will see him next week when i pick up a few parts??

Unless its already sorted?

if Ad is cool with that...then so am I. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
What sort of times are we looking at for this? Start time, how long will we be there etc?

looking to be there at 9...i would say its around 15 mins per car (subject to nothing going awry) so with 20 cars...could be about 3pm when we finish. Can do a pub for wind down afterwards if people are up for it to celebrate or drown their sorrows...

mondeo titanium tdci

I'm up for the pub afterwards don really looking forward to this day

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

looking to be there at 9...i would say its around 15 mins per car (subject to nothing going awry) so with 20 cars...could be about 3pm when we finish. Can do a pub for wind down afterwards if people are up for it to celebrate or drown their sorrows...

Okay great. I have work at 6 but that won't be a problem and can probably even go pub etc. Loved the pub after karting the other day, lots of car banter :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Okay great. I have work at 6 but that won't be a problem and can probably even go pub etc. Loved the pub after karting the other day, lots of car banter :)

Its good to have the banter during car meets. we all have similar interests and the fact we all get on counts a hell of a lot too. :approve:

Have we got(pencilled in) the 19th may then??

So Don are we looking at meeting at frankley services M5 southbound between 8.20am to 8.35am and departing for viezu at 8.40am?

Thats gives us 20mins to get there which is enough.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Have we got(pencilled in) the 19th may then??

So Don are we looking at meeting at frankley services M5 southbound between 8.20am to 8.35am and departing for viezu at 8.40am?

Thats gives us 20mins to get there which is enough.

We have once they have the deposits in to them. That guarantees the date which is why I'm asking for them as soon as and the first 20 deposits get the slots.

In the idea world...I will be looking to leave Frankley at 8.30 to be there with time to spare so we can get started on the dot of 9 as there's a lot of people to go through if we get all 20.

Renault 5 Turbo

Really looking forward to this had a great time last time, i was thinking of putting the 5 on then thought it might be a bit embarrassing :eek:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Really looking forward to this had a great time last time, i was thinking of putting the 5 on then thought it might be a bit embarrassing :eek:

Why not? I love 5's...so long as it looks reasonably standard. The old car was a beast and sounded cracking...I can't see the new car being any different. :)

Renault 5 Turbo

Why not? I love 5's...so long as it looks reasonably standard. The old car was a beast and sounded cracking...I can't see the new car being any different. :)

Cheers buddy, i'm afraid its not a turbo mate, but a 1.4 campus run about lol :evil: its lethal on the road, and runs about 3000bhp which exceeds veizu's limits ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is it only 20 people max? Or is that number just to secure the majority of the vote on the date?

They want 20 people in....and if its 15mins per car, then that is 5 hours which is more than enough time waiting around.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468

i'll probably come along with wocka as my clio will be in many peices in the garage by then!

They want 20 people in....and if its 15mins per car, then that is 5 hours which is more than enough time waiting around.

As Don said. Also lastime we went they squeezed another customers car in between us then we had the 2 egg heads turn up in that jag,had a couple of problems with a few cars so we didn't finish till after 2pm and there was only only 13 running..

20 is going to be a push imo but well worth it.

Anyone whos running a forge motorsport air intake elbow drop a jubilee clip round the centre of it (not tight but enough to hold it in place) will stop the problem of the hose deforming at full acceleration and choking the engine result in poor figures..

Renault 5 Turbo

Yea i think 20 will be enough tbh, it'll be a good day ;) on another note the turbo corsa that popped along last time, he's putting it up for sale if anyone would be interested, or knows anyone who wants a turbo sleeper :evil:

Yea i think 20 will be enough tbh, it'll be a good day ;) on another note the turbo corsa that popped along last time, he's putting it up for sale if anyone would be interested, or knows anyone who wants a turbo sleeper :evil:

270bhp wasn't it matt? insane sleeper though

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

As Don said. Also lastime we went they squeezed another customers car in between us then we had the 2 egg heads turn up in that jag,had a couple of problems with a few cars so we didn't finish till after 2pim and there was only only 13 running..

Anyone whos running a forge motorsport air intake elbow drop a jubilee clip round the centre of it (not tight but enough to hold it in place) will stop the problem of the hose deforming at full acceleration and choking the engine result in poor figures..

Wasn't the forge one mate I should know ;)

Is it possible to shotgun one of the earlier slots for the runs?

I only ask as not sure how long it's going to take but may have to leave around 2-5ish so would obviously like to get the run in before I go :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

:) REALLY ! MMMMM

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sounds like a right machine! How much is it up for sale for?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

I'm tempted by a ZLET Corsa, I've driven one and also planned on doing it to my last Corsa (to the point where I got an engine, gearbox, engine mounts, intercooler) then I sold the lot :(

Renault 5 Turbo

The last time we went :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great video. Looks like a good set up there too. I can't wait. Roll on the 19th.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Re: West Mids Rolling Road - Date to be confirmed

Running
1. Don (19th or 26th)
2. Mharvey (DEPOSIT PAID 19th )
3. Wayne9989 ( DEPOSIT PAID 19th)
4. Martin182 (DEPOSIT PAID 19th)
5. Cswalmsley (DEPOSIT PAID 19th)
6. Eddyg (26th would be good)
7. Davo172 (DEPOSIT PAID 19th)
8. Gti6steve (DEPOSIT PAID 19th)
9. RSL78 (19th)
10. Addicted (DEPOSIT PAID)
11. Danevo (DEPOSIT PAID)
12. Chapppers11 (26th)
13. Cerrone (DEPOSIT PAID)
14. Blackcarbon(Dan) (DEPOSIT PAID)
15. wocka DEPOSIT PAID
16. ichris (172 19th)
17. ichris (TVR 19th)
18. Tom (DEPOSIT PAID)
19. Matt (martin182's brother DEPOSIT PAID)
20. T21ADS (DEPOSIT PAID)

Attending, but not running
1. LY_Kimmy_182.
2. Madgit (Adam)
3.daveski
4. Matt350
5. Meek_Racing & Cr33do

Maybe

List updated :)

There are currently 5 places up for grabs...even though there are 20 names down, we are still waiting on 5 deposits. If you're not already on the list, but want to run your car...then let me know as its first come first served. A Deposit secures your space and the sooner that we get the deposits in, the sooner I can confirm the date.

Thanks
Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Great video. Looks like a good set up there too. I can't wait. Roll on the 19th.

Chris, it is a good setup there. Matt (who had the ITB'd 172) pointed me in their direction and their facilities do not let them down (although the inclusive bacon butties and teas/coffees sealed it!) They are a good bunch there and if there is anything that they notice when they are running the car, the lads will let you know as car tuning is a hobby for some of the lads as well as a career and they are petrolheads just like the rest of us!

secret

Was a fantstic day, bring on the 19th. My oddy has changed slightly since then ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Am looking forwards to this. Just need to get the deposits in so we can guarantee the day...will pm those who are on the list so we know one way or another if they are wanting to run in case people are holding back thinking all of the places are already taken.