ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

renault clio 172
Not that often to be fair, I'm thinking if I give her a good service change ht leads, good spark plugs, decent exhaust, I would be happy with 150atw, seeing some of the cars today, I've pretty much got my shopping list sorted for my car. Just gotta get the overtime in , to pay for my bits and keep the missus happy :)

one of the most accurate rollers going! fully accredited etc. all cars ran near on what they should they will never make book power

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I wish I was flush with money as I would have liked to do a second run with the standard airbox and paper filter,
just out of curiosity, be interesting to see the comparison against the V6 box and foam filter.

Although I doubt they'd have sat in it again after the first time.

Here's the video and a few pics if anyone wants their video pm me and i shall send it over;)

DSCF1382.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1409.jpg

DSCF1410.jpg

DSCF1411.jpg

DSCF1412.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

DSCF1414.jpg

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1417.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1422.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

DSCF1420.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

Video is still processing:(

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182, Astra Sri
just watched some of the seperate videos on your youtube profile, its starting to annoy me how hard they DIDN'T push the clios.

even the mrs has just said that it doesnt even sound like its trying, compared to when i drive it. lol

Albeit a little late, here are my snaps:

7355410512_2f6fec6e0b_z.png
Karl Pilkington by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355415748_37a44c6598_z.png
Strong Beetle by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170201057_e2df9ac342_z.png
Tidy Engine Bay by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355411112_a758a53d99_z.png
Sperm Bank by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170201585_e34e1854a0_z.png
Another Tidy Engine Bay by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355411904_d95b6782c6_z.png
Carbon Wrapped Detail by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170193423_b07212740e_z.png
Fred by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355406588_23bc1a621b_z.png
Chris and Fred by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170200545_cfb375b3d5_z.png
Renault Clio 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170200035_7e85cfaae9_z.png
Renault Clio 182 @ 149WHP by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355412680_f40459e948_z.png
Renault Clio 172 @ 144 WHP by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170199223_88037f4789_z.png
Renault Clio 182 @ 154 WHP by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355411538_e8e186c504_z.png
Renault Clio 172 Cup by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355415476_41ffbd2d81_z.png
Nissan Skyline by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7355415018_4b7b199f55_z.png
Nissan Silvia by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170197319_3d15e6494a_z.png
Renault Clio 182 @ 155 WHP by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7170192695_191e31bbdb_z.png
Mitsubishi GTO by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I tried to get a pic of everyones car - sorry that some are rubbish. :( If your car is missing and you want a pic, let me know - I'll have it somewhere...

There are more in my Flickr set - running out of time to post them all...

Edit:

Oh! And I tried to add the WHP to each picture title, so if yours isn't listed and you want it to be, let me know. :)

just watched some of the seperate videos on your youtube profile, its starting to annoy me how hard they DIDN'T push the clios.

even the mrs has just said that it doesnt even sound like its trying, compared to when i drive it. lol

Yeh they let off once the power starts to drop off! on the screen at the bottom right was a graph which they was watching and once it started to dive they let off otherwise the figures would be less.

Although i do agree with the two runs they did they should have done one to get the correct figure as they did then do one all out to the limiter to compare!! i may pop back in a few weeks and tell them to bounce it of the limiter just to see then report back on here what difference it has made....

Yeh they let off once the power starts to drop off! on the screen at the bottom right was a graph which they was watching and once it started to dive they let off otherwise the figures would be less.

Although i do agree with the two runs they did they should have done one to get the correct figure as they did then do one all out to the limiter to compare!! i may pop back in a few weeks and tell them to bounce it of the limiter just to see then report back on here what difference it has made....

Well that's the thing, mine was stopped at 6600k revs, yet it hadn't even peaked looking at the graph!

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Just to say cheers Don for organising! Will try and get the Trophy back on the road soon so I can actually turn up in a Clio! Although way too tempted to crank up the boost on the skyline now :S . 200whp just isn't enough!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Wish they would of pushed the cars harder now! Watching the viedo from last time the car went much louder! I know it's hard to judge from that but it went so much louder!!!

Yep would have been good if they did push it a bit more so i could see the if the power drops or keeps going due to the rstuner map!

These are the specs according to renault

Engine:4-cyl, 1998cc, 16v
Max power:179bhp @ 6500rpm
Max torque:148lb ft @ 5250rpm
0 - 60mph:7.1sec
Top speed:139mph
Price:£14,613

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Yep would have been good if they did push it a bit more so i could see the if the power drops or keeps going due to the rstuner map!

These are the specs according to renault

Engine:4-cyl, 1998cc, 16v
Max power:179bhp @ 6500rpm
Max torque:148lb ft @ 5250rpm
0 - 60mph:7.1sec
Top speed:139mph
Price:£14,613
This makes scence for all the standard clio's but then the one with r.s tunning maps they should be ran to the limiter imo!!

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
From what I could tell, looking at some of the graphs, they stopped the plot at peak power. The revs I saw most of these peaking at were in line with the Renault figures quoted above. I didn't think a map will alter that point too much

The only minor frustrating bit was that everyone's graphs y-axis was calibrated differently so comparing like for like was quite difficult.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you looked at the big screen it told them when the test had stopped...so that might be why they didnt push it too much. As it said 'TEST COMPLETE' so they backed off. Last time they didnt have that guidance, so carried on to the limiter for the computer to work it all out.

Dont forget though, the rollers and associated computer system(s) had changed since we were last there.

Thats what I think is the difference

TCR'd Rs Clio 172
Think another RR day should be sorted out ay Don,
Was a really good day !
There can be loads of factor on why they run different to last , like fuel, outside air temp
im sure they ran the big cooling fans last time too.
Also a different make of RR this time , expensive bit of kit.

Think another RR day should be sorted out ay Don,
Was a really good day !

There can be loads of factor on why they run different to last , like fuel, outside air temp
im sure they ran the big cooling fans last time too.
Also a different make of RR this time , expensive bit of kit.

^^^This

Plus watch your post count Dan or it shall overtake your mileage lol;)

They had both the big fans and little ones going iirc

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think they ran the tests well. Think they let off the power as soon as the power started to decrease. I'm happy with my results anyway :) look forward to the next one. Hopefully a few more bits will be done by then ;)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
There's nothing else I can do to my car power wise that won't cost me a kidney,
I think the next time i'll run the standard airbox with a paper filter just to get a comparison against my V6 box.

Although I think the next thing we should all do is Santa Pod so we can live our lives a 1/4mile at a time. :cool:

renault clio 172
I'd love to do Santa pod that's sounds a right laugh, although I would have a disadvantage as I weigh more than anyone else lol had my belts and a service done today so I can start giving it some more beans now......

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
There's nothing else I can do to my car power wise that won't cost me a kidney,
I think the next time i'll run the standard airbox with a paper filter just to get a comparison against my V6 box.

Although I think the next thing we should all do is Santa Pod so we can live our lives a 1/4mile at a time. :cool:

I am DEFO up for this will be goin this year perhaps another meet been ran my car there loads it is a GREAT day and a real BUZZ ! I can see you now dave whizzing up the strip big cloud of dog hair left on the start line LOL

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love to do Santa pod that's sounds a right laugh, although I would have a disadvantage as I weigh more than anyone else lol had my belts and a service done today so I can start giving it some more beans now......

You'll be alright, remove the back seats, spare wheel,
drive naked and that a sh*t before you race for maximum weight saving. :approve:

I am DEFO up for this will be goin this year perhaps another meet been ran my car there loads it is a GREAT day and a real BUZZ ! I can see you now dave whizzing up the strip big cloud of dog hair left on the start line LOL

I'll be removing it all before I race, i'll save myself a couple of kilos I think.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Shakespear County Raceway is far cheaper than the pod for 1/4 mile action guys.
It's closer too and £32 gets you in with unlimited run, that's without enquiring about any club discount.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I went to the Bulldog bash in the 90s there, all my mates had a go at 1/4 mile times,
i've never had a bike so just sat in the stands pissed out of my mind. :approve:

That was the year Eddie Kidd spackered himself, we f*cked off when his show started so missed it. lol

Just read their site, crash helmets must be worn on all runs, another expense. :dapprove:
SantaPod don't have that if your car runs under 100mph do they?

Last edited:
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Same rule applies at both venues, runs at 100mph or close (clio's will run close) require a helmet to be worn.

secret
I think im going to organise a santa pod trip in august with all my power crazy friends, all of cliosoprt and 106 owners will be invited aswel

Heres a few of me when i went in feb

587cce07.jpg
7fc19d8b.jpg
8532aa33.jpg