ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well now what??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ive just been in an accident and been injured, (not seriously, just back/neck/head ache atm, but ive been told ill hurt tomorrow).

Im told im entitled to compensation but my mate doesnt want to get insurance involved.

really dont want to fall out with him over issue, but what can i do?? i cant MAKE him report it to his insurer, but im a student and that kind of money would make a huge difference to me atm.

so what are my options?

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
forgot to mention, i was a in the passenger seat of the car,
the car got hit at around 20mph on the passenger door and caved it in about 6" into me and sent us spinning across the road

apaz they didnt see that there was a give way junction :S

Dodgy one
It has to be either

A: He isnt insured or
B: Its his mate that hit him and they were dicking around

Depends how badly your injured TBH, I was involved in an accident in my mates car when he decided to back out of a parking space and a speeding car sideswiped us, Had a bit of a stiff neck for a few weeks but lived with it

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well, tbh, the car is completely worthless, other than sellable mods,
and he feels that involving insurance would be less worth while than simply reshelling the car himself
because theyll simply take the car away and he wont get any of his stuff back, and just give him with the book value of the car. (around £300)

that and adding a claim to his record will ruin his insurance and make it a lot more expensive next year,
plus he seems convinced ill be claiming from his rather than the other guy (who admitted liability).

MR2 Mk1.5
forgot to mention, i was a in the passenger seat of the car,
the car got hit at around 20mph on the passenger door and caved it in about 6" into me and sent us spinning across the road

apaz they didnt see that there was a give way junction :S

Sounds like a non fault claim, in which case you would claim from the third party's insurer.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Perhaps...

but being on the arse end of the insurance ladder, paying some fantastic figures for insurance over the past few years, and accepting thses prices without complaint.
and genunily being in pain (ive been perscribed painkillers for a sprained back), AND given my current financial situation.

when ive been offered money as compention, i find it rather hard turn it down for the good of the rest of us.

Clio II 1.2 MTV
at least you was not badly hurt, or worse!
if the accident was not at your mates fault, then how is it g2 affect his insurance? plus the other driver excepted liability!
maybe he didn't inform his insurer about his mods?

If any form of insurance is involved then he will legally have to declare the accident for the next 5 years on any new insurance policy he takes out. Even though it wasnt his fault he will still be penalised on his renewal. Someone crashed into the back of me a last year, completely no fault of mine and I claimed through their insurance. When I came to insure my cup it was originally meant to be 1300 but after declaring the none fault accident it put it up to 1550. Thats an extra 250.

Listerine & Poledo
Just give it a couple of days, realise you're not actually injured and get on with your life.

Unless you've got an arm missing or something, you're not going to get a life-chagning amount anyway.

Suck it up and stop trying to milk it

e92 330i
What he said ^

Imagine if he did this to you, thus meaning your insurance goes up £200+ a year for the next 5 years or so.

Are you really going to put money before your friendship? Just man up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Listen to moi!

Forget your mate and his car. Concentrate on making sure you have all the details of the person who caused the accident. The insurance has ziltch to do with you.

You're solicitor lawyer will claim on your behalf to the third party's insurance company, not even any need to involve your mate or his insurance company really as I imagine liability will have been settled there and then.

Go for a free consultation with an injury lawyer and see what they say. Make sure it's no win now fee. If you feel better in a few days be the bigger person and don't claim, if you're going to claim make sure you either go see the doctor asap or the hospital.

It takes a big man to get injured and pretty much turn down 2k compensation. It's not right and it's not wrong but it's life.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It takes a big man to get injured and pretty much turn down 2k compensation. It's not right and it's not wrong but it's life.

I did it. Had my knee royally fucked up in a crash that I was totally non-fault at, had an ambulance chaser coming after me for over 6 months. Turned it now, gave me a warm feeling. My knee sometimes still aches but I man up about it.

Ok it also seems like his insurance does not cover his mods?
generally i thought all mods declared will be covered like for like?
maybe im reading into it wrong, but if he was the victim of an accident it shouldnt affect him too much!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Just give it a couple of days, realise you're not actually injured and get on with your life.

Unless you've got an arm missing or something, you're not going to get a life-chagning amount anyway.

Suck it up and stop trying to milk it

Give it 2 or 3 days and you'll probably be fine. Been a student you only want the money to piss up the wall. ;)

Ok it also seems like his insurance does not cover his mods?
generally i thought all mods declared will be covered like for like?
maybe im reading into it wrong, but if he was the victim of an accident it shouldnt affect him too much!

Aye got this feeling when i was reading about it. Maybe his mods are not declared thus making his insurance void. Thats why he might not want to claim.

Goodj!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi insurance is irrelevant if he is claiming from the other person.

He could be inside the car parked up in the middle of a car park with no mot, no tyres and no tax and it still wouldn't matter. The fact is someone hit him.

The OP doesn't need to worry about his mate or the insurance company.

Milltek'd clio 182
wo wo wo i dont wish to hear this brother!! how you doing, you all ok an everything. I would just go by the books an follow standard procedure. your be entitled to compensation, due to hurting yourself an what have you.