ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well i bought the Clio 1.6

Looking for a Clio Sport
Started heading down the road from Portlethen and i starts hearing a rubbing noise and like loud metal like pinging.....

kept driving till i got home (45 miles away) and took my lass out in it to hear the noises, i want chuffed as you would imagine as id just paid the woman £3100 for it.

Anyway the lass wasn't happy either and i thot right I'm going to phone the person i got it from to tell her of these noises and that i was extremely not happy. I was that Pi**** off that i said you can keep £100 and ill drive the car up the next night and return it so i could get my £3000 back.

My lass told me to just get it in the local garage first and see what he said before i took it up there.....you wont believe what the mechanic said.
what was needing replaced was the bearing(front right), 2 front new discs and pads,
he also told me something that really shocked me..... apparently he said as i was travelling down the motorway at 70mph those bearing could have gone and the front right wheel could have buckled and snapped so i would have ended up skidding along the motorway !! i hate to think what could have happened.

Apparently when the woman had the car into the MOT Renault place in The Bridge Of Don, there was a problem with the ABS sensor on the front right wheel and they renewed it BUT when replacing all the parts they never screwed on the new bolt properly.

The car is now sorted and it cost a total of £220 to get it all renewed, when i knew this i called the lady up and she was ok about it and said she would pay half of it (she paid the 120) which wasn't bad as she could have been bad about it and said "sold as seen" I'm afraid.

So now me and the lass are now proud owners of the 1.6 Dynamique plus

Saxo.....still alive ...barely ! lol

Mercedes C Class Sport
ouch thats not good mate! at least she agreed to pay half though....and welcome to the 1.6 club!

Looking for a Clio Sport
cheers, sorry for the wording in that lol i wrote it about 3am

yeh at least she said ill pay half which i think was good enough.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Not a good experience, but at least it was pretty cheap to get fixed and at least she paid half. Sounds like Renault did a good job on it, NOT, as per usual.

I'm glad you finally decided to get one though, you really won't regret it, I know I haven't. I hope you enjoy yours just as much as I have. :)

Looking for a Clio Sport
Debz, do you know how to reset the mileage thing?

Im wanting to fill the tank and reset it so i know how many miles i get from one tank?

thanks

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +

Im wanting to fill the tank and reset it so i know how many miles i get from one tank?

thanks

I'm not 100% sure on this as I have never reset mine, but I think (don't quote me), you have to press and hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk.

If it's not that, see if you have a little black button on the actual instrument panel. if you have, try that. Can't honestly say I have ever checked mine. :eek:

Edit: I have just gone and looked at mine and it has a black button on the instrument panel. I think this resets the mileage. I think if you press the stalk button it resets all the other onboard computer stuff, like mpg, average speed and all that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Bearing are harder to tell if they need replacing, but disks are easy to tell if they are warn, as you can see the, end of the day it's sold as seen.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Bearing are harder to tell if they need replacing, but disks are easy to tell if they are warn, as you can see the, end of the day it's sold as seen.

Agreed, most people may not know the bearings are on their way out, unless of course they are singing big style, but, (no offence to most females here), in saying that alot of females may hear a noise, not know what it is and just ignore it, or in my freinds case she just turns the stereo up to drown out any noises she doesn't like. Tee hee.

I've had to replace all four of my bearings since November at a cost of £150 for each front one and a total of about £170 for both rears. I reckon £220 for replacing two disks and a bearing and pads is a bargain.

Looking for a Clio Sport
yeh the bill was,

Nearside front wheel bearings @ £44.98
Front discs @ 52.95
Front Pads @ £22.89

Labour was £100

= £220.82

pretty good i think

Golf GTD
to reset your trip you need to press and hold the black bit sticking out of your speedo when you are on the trip part.

Clio MK2 (1.2)

thanks

I'm not 100% sure on this as I have never reset mine, but I think (don't quote me), you have to press and hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk.

If it's not that, see if you have a little black button on the actual instrument panel. if you have, try that. Can't honestly say I have ever checked mine. :eek:

Edit: I have just gone and looked at mine and it has a black button on the instrument panel. I think this resets the mileage. I think if you press the stalk button it resets all the other onboard computer stuff, like mpg, average speed and all that kind of stuff.

ye just press the small button and press the small btton on the dash(were the speedo is) and do that to all of them,