ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welding omp multi point roll cage

ph1 172
Hi peeps,
I've ordered an omp roll cage from D.T and it comes with the tubing to connect the cage to the strut tops.
I can't find any pictures or any information to see how this is done . Can any one help?
u5enezyb.jpg

This is the cage I have order .
A fabricator will be installing .

Cup In bits
With a lot of trouble basically, probably one of the hardest bits to get right. Tight to weld and see. Cut holes in the right place in the bulkhead where it will have to go through, not too big and re-plate around them once in to stop any fluids coming in. You can cope the top tubes into the strut top depending on desgn or just weld a plate and butt weld them on.

If that's the exact design you want, I would double check schematic as OMP are known for changing design and not letting anybody know. I would buy an extra piece of pipe as well to span between the 'A' pillars, would finish the design off well IMO.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah thats what i thought, its the same as my cage but i didn't put the bars through to the bulk head. I just ended up adding a bar to the side sections of the cage where your doors are and then adding harness bars.

I've done exactly this on my Subareno Cliopreza. It's quite involved to put the front pick ups in. As said above, you need a hole for the tubes to go through to the top mounts.
Tack the horizontal bars in place first, without the main front roll cage bar in place.
Tack in the diagonal bars to get the position right.
Fit the front cage in place temporarily to make sure everything lines up. Grind off the tacks, and remove the horizontal and diagonal bar still tacked together. Fully weld the joint between the two bars. (You can't do this with the bars in situ).
Refit the welded front pick up bars complete, and fully weld to the top mount.
Now you can weld in the main roll cage, remembering this needs to be dropped down so you can weld around the top of the bars. Once the main cage has been welded together, shove it forward to line up with the front bars already fitted, and weld in the main cage.
Only photo I can find to help you, thought I had more!
edit_preview.php

Here you can see the front bars are welded in, but the main front hoop has not been welded to it yet.

There's some photos on my facebook page which may help, https://www.facebook.com/Gould.Clio?ref=hl