ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird problem with my Clio

Hi. Ive got this strange problem with my Clio.

When I bought it (second hand) it had a puddle in the rear left passenger foot area. Id put it down to the valetors missing the spot when drying it out. However, Ive just got it again. When I say puddle, I mean a circular area about 1-2 centimetres deep. All the area around this water is bone dry. The rear of the front seat, the front of the rear. Windows, doors. Everything is dry apart from this puddle (around 1ft diameter).

The underneath of the car looks fine (also been told no water pipes run under there, is this true?) If it was a leak from the window/sunroof then surely other parts would be wet?

This one is really confusing. Can anyone shed any light?

The car is a 1993 Clio 1.4 RT Auto.

silver valver/hybrid

IIRC the pipe for the rear wash wipe runs right by the rear seats, so that may have sprung a leak.

Youre bang on mate.

I pressed the doobrie to spray water onto the back window and nothing came out. However, it was pooring into the back seat well. Thanks for the pointer.

Now all I need to do is work out what to do about it. I could leave it and never use the rear washer, or have it fixed. Does anyone know it this is a big job? Does the pipe run under the car or just under the carpet?

[Edited by Vandal on 23 May 2005 at 8:44pm]

silver valver/hybrid

i think its just under the carpet, might have just come disconnected, happened to mine, but in a different place. just whip the bottom part of the back seats out, just a bit of fiddling and they lift out, then pull the carpet out the way and u should see it.

The washer pipe runs down the passengers door round the front of the seats inside a protectiv cover with some other cables.
Theres junctions between the pipe about 10 cm from the pump also one just by the door pillar and another one just before going into the back pillar on the boot.
You have a few options.
1) Replace the pipe/tape over the hole (Id guess the ipes just become poor sealing.
2) Pull the piping out, unplug the wiring from the pump and ducktape the pipe leaving the pump (so that it cannot flow out). You could take the pump out but then you have to cover the hole in the tank or else accept that the water tank will only hold about 1 liter.

Im gonna leave it for now. Eventually Ill get round to it and fix it but Im disabled so its not easy for me to do. Still, shouldnt cost much to have fixed now I know what it is. I was worried I had some weird leak in the door or floor.

Thanks for your help.