ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird and strange facts about clio's.

1*4 phhslow
its faster as proved by just snapping my top engine mount !! but as per usuall its fixed again till the next time

as a proven fact from clios fix it once fix it again 2 months later lol

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
The clio mk1 was made from rust. Renault already knew rust was lighter than carbon fibre.

E87 118d M Sport
1230040581853yi9.jpg

audi a6 3.0tdi
My old clio entered the motorway backwards and hit the central reservation. No other cars where involved. The only injuries occured when the driver seat airbag went off and cracked my rib. The clio is sadly no longer with me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have never used the key to unlock the door on the car. Remote fobs, ftw.....

D.

There is a good reason for having these, if your key has ever broken (if not don't worry it will (especially if its a infa red key)) using your key in the drivers door for 2 months or more will destroy the lock barrell, then when you have to use the passenger door to get in after a short period this will die too, then you will have to have an aftermarket alarm fitted that opens the doors because fixing it is not financially viable.

I bet only very few knew that.

There is no drivers door lock barrel, the cars were originally made for/in France (left hand drive) and they couldn't be arsed swapping it over.

@Above - using your key in the drivers door won't have much of a positive effect.

Your vehicle comprises of 87% Recyclable parts and already contains parts which are made from recycled materials

And also 95% Of the plastic parts in your vehicle are marked by a symbol to tell you what type of plastic it is manufactured from

F A C T

(taken from drivers handbook pg.2.11)

ibiza cupra
the clio cups have lighter glass in them but when replaced alot of glass techies dont know this and put normal glass in. they also have a different gear box as they have no abs which is what the speedo works off on a normal 1*2. alot of mechanics dont know this and put the wrong box in the sit there scratching their heads as to why the speedo has stopped working. all mk2 clios have the same rear axel but its the stub axels that are different.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Iv owned 8 cars, 2 have been 172's

The 2 most unreliable cars Iv owned (that's including a mgf and a mgtf) are both clio's

Renault made a Mk1 Clio 1.8 RSI automatic from 1994 to 1998 and only 100 came to the UK, It included a passenger air bag, Air con.

Something Not French
My old 182 (now my brothers...) alarm likes to go off whenever its feels like it.

Usually, the 5p piece pushing down the bonnet alarm switch has moved, and needs reseating. After that, its happy again.