ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

we own a clio at last

after much debating and your advice , on all things clio , we didn't buy a 197 ...... we didn't buy a 200, we didn't even give in to madness and buy a matte grey raider (although it came close)

we have though bought unseen ( i do know the man that's selling it ) the 49k 172cup (53 plate with the climate option fitted) for the bargain price of £1500.00

though how long the wife commutes in it remains to be seen .......

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Congratulations! Get some pics up! :rasp: Am curious as to why a 172 was chosen over a 200/Raider/197?

Good choice i would choose 172/182's over the venga buses.. although they are nice something about them puts me off!!!

Enjoy

Iceberg 172
Fuel economy is enough reason to go for a 172 over say a 197! It was our reason!

Can't wait to see it, sounds just like what we went for!

interesting on the fuel economy comment , what are you seeing from a 172 ? (currently shes using our S4 cabriolet , so 4.2 V8 isn't exactly economical .

nope Gary , this one went on pistonheads yesterday , and i just mailed him last night and said i would have it , i know the owner though have never seen the car , it has a slight issue but i am friends with the team manager/owner of westbourne motorsport the clio cup team so if it needs sorting beyond my fairly extensive skills then it will be going in to them .

Audi A3
ahh very good.

electrical problem is it? guy on here posted the link thats all, and it was linked to pistonheads

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Harv, I saw you post on AD's facebook, congrats on the purchase. I did link his PH advert on here, seemed like a good buy.

Iceberg 172
interesting on the fuel economy comment , what are you seeing from a 172 ?

I did an airport run last week and sitting at 65-70 it was returning 51mpg!!!:approve:

Bad urban driving which usually entails my missus driving it like a nutter returns 31mpg at worse!