ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxybox chat thread

So same as above, no point complaining, air freshner everywhere. Labels were fine though.

Interesting mix this month - sure I'll get around to using them all!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cribert, can I suggeest if you've got through a 15ml bottle of C4 on two cars you've used far too much. I have done 4x 16" alloys and all the plastics on my mk4 golf that has all bump strips unpainted approx 2years ago and still holding out, and I still didn't use all the 15ml bottle.

When 30 to 50ml would coat any size car I see little reason why you'd need more.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine, no leakages here :).

Stupid idea this, I got little pots of cleaning s**t everywhere now haha.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a brilliant idea! Variety is the spice of life after all.

any hope of another discounted 3 month sub?

Got mine, no leakages here :).

Stupid idea this, I got little pots of cleaning s**t everywhere now haha.

Same same!

Im glad i did it as its gave me an insight to different products & techniques that i wouldn't have really thought of during my normal wash. Gives my car that extra little shine haha!

Although the misses was abit confused by the rubber glove.....

Adamm. c**t, offer still open to take some bits and bobs off your hands. Few items I'm defo after that might make up a full box, so can discuss on here or via pm. c**t. Lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah what I'll do mate is gather them all together then put aside anything I don't want and drop you a pm see what you fancy. There's only a few bits I'll keep.

When I get a chance off work to sort it ill fire you a pm :). Need to sell the da too and have a full bottle of menz polish just need a few days off to sort it haha.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I'll keep you informed when I come to sell it then mate, just need to do my headlights then I'll have no use for it anymore :(.

Did anyone get a tiny little chocolate treat in their box? I did lol.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Well mine has leaked everywhere at least my hands smell nice but its gone straight into the skip! Gutted;(

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Hope you don't mean the whole box, Ash?!

yep all of it apart from the sticker lol I wiped that down. The air fresher didn't have a lid on it so it was half empty and I think something had crushed the other bits as they had leaked and one bottle was cracked so I couldn't be arsed with the faff. O I kept the wax I forgot about that. It smells nice:)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Boxes are going to be reduced to 1 every 2 months from now on from what I have just read.... Makes sense what they have said.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member

denapave.jpg

Makes perfect sense. And I'm more tempted to continue. £180 a year is a lot for products that as has been stated, tend to sit on shelves until users have time. £90 is much more of a "one off pressie" to one's self... lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Jamie.

Just used the Britemax Wheel cleaner and Iron remover from the Anniversary box and must say IMO it is terrible, I gave the wheels a once over with the wonder wheels and then applied this afterwards in hope it would remove the remaining fallout, Tiny bit if bleeding but barely touched any of it.

Much prefer a 2 stage clean with a dedicated wheel cleaner and then iron x.

Will not be buying!!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I will never use anything but iron x. It's pointless, iron x does what it's supposed to do faultlessly. Even the smell isn't that bad. So unless they do a fallout remover, cleaner and protector in one I won't be changing.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed I just gave my Mothers car a quick once over and thought I may as well try it.

Iron X is still the best fallout remover and I'm running out :( So tempted to buy it in bulk as I go through it quite quickly.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I will never use anything but iron x. It's pointless, iron x does what it's supposed to do faultlessly. Even the smell isn't that bad. So unless they do a fallout remover, cleaner and protector in one I won't be changing.

I agree with everything apart from the highlighted! :D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have no issue with the smell, Yes it's not great but I use it outside so see no issue... Maybe helps that I've worked with Perm solution in the past so kind of used to it.

Can't see how the Cherry version smells much different because the fundamental ingredients are still there.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Just curious if anyone has ordered any full sized bottles of anything they have received in a Waxybox?

I see JD and Scrooge are waiting for Hubikote Shampoo but has anything else impressed?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bullet detailing carnauba spray is very good for the price, son ac too and also the Eco tyre shine.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the Eco tyre shine for application and looks but it didn't last long.

Bullet Carnuba Spray? This from a while ago or do I need to pay more attention to what I have in the boxes?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It was from a while ago yep, great protection, beading and looks for not very much.

The tyre shine lasted a little over a week which is ok for me tbh.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have to resist doubling up on products like tyre shine even if it was nice to use, Certain products I don't mind having a selection of but tyre shine??

Eco was shat in my opinion. As Ant said, lasted a week. Poor.

AF gave me a free bottle of satin, so looking forward to trying that.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Eco was shat in my opinion. As Ant said, lasted a week. Poor.

AF gave me a free bottle of satin, so looking forward to trying that.

I just apply it with every weekly wash so it doesn't really bother me. Sonax is really impressive.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What was he sonax sample you got?

The hubikote shampoo was very nice, but at £20/litre price range there are ohers a lot cheaper and still good performers