ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxybox chat thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Great idea.... To avoid spoiling this months box what was everyone's opinions on last months contents?

Anyone order a larger version of any of it?

I'm yet to use half of it as didn't want to strip back my car to give it a fair test.

Looking forward to August.

Lilke the banana spray air freshener, but would never use it in the car as I share it with others. Around the house, however... lol. The sealant I'm going to try on the spoiler, as recently Tripple/C2'd the whole car and love the sheeting, beading, looks, so don't want to interfer with that.

The Hubikote shampoo was a delight to use, and the "non-spotting" agent shone through for me as I'm in a very VERY hard water area. I'd be happy ordering a larger version.

Other stuff I'm yet to use.

Clio Trophy
Joined this group buy as Ive done all the DodoJ/clay stuff etc with no real focus ... have no idea on the QD's/sprays/tardis/ironX etc etc although due to recent research
now know what they are all for .... I can get the car looking good but want it better

Ive got all the stuff I want from another thread in my ebay basket lol

thought I'd give this a go first

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
The Hubikote shampoo was a delight to use, and the "non-spotting" agent shone through for me as I'm in a very VERY hard water area. I'd be happy ordering a larger version.

I only used this on my Fathers Silver Volvo but it did seem a lovely shampoo.

My water is fairly hard and it did seem to counteract that quite a bit.

Ph2 Meg 225
The hubikote shampoo ill be buying a larger item. The sealant wasnt too good although it was slick and easy to apply, just didn't perform well!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Im dying to get mine through but it hasn't appeared today. Hopefully arriving tomorrow

Got mine today too, need to have a second look but first impressions seems like a nice selection.

As far as last months goes, I really liked the shampoo, I wasn't quite so impressed with the sealant or the tire shine.

Ph2 Meg 225
Got mine today too, need to have a second look but first impressions seems like a nice selection.

As far as last months goes, I really liked the shampoo, I wasn't quite so impressed with the sealant or the tire shine.

Pm me what's in? The suspense is killing me :eek:

This months box contains ​
Auto finesse verso apc, AM details - AM glaze, Gtechniq- G6 perfect glass, Sonax- xtreme Brilliant shine detailer, Angelwax desirable wax, the Blind test is a PH balanced wheel cleaner for using with sealed wheels, also a large applicator pad, smaller applicator micro fibre cloth and a airfreshener

Alfa Romeo 147
Was on my doorstep when i got home, must say i was like a kid at christmas. Spent the last half hour smelling everything

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine :)

Quite happy with the contents, cant wait to try them out. I'll be giving the car a quick detail next week so should be a perfect opportunity to try them out.

Got a question or 2 but I'll wait till everyone has theres first.

Sounds like a good box.

I thought the swisswax fabric cleaner was the star of the last box it worked a treat on my dirty van seat.

As it says on the bottle pretty much.

I didn't have a proper soft brush so I used a cheap tooth brush to work it in and wipe over with a MF. I only used a tooth brush though as its a works van, if it was my own vehicle I would of got a proper brush. Don't shake the bottle as its per mixed with sparking water which helps bring the dirt up.

Really good stuff I had previously tried a few things to get the stains off the seat.

As above swissvax fabric really impressed me. I used it to remove a couple of marks in my headlining and it did the job with ease yet still felt like a gentle product.

The shampoo was lovely to use but the sealant although a joy to use had terrible water behaviour.

I'm yet to use the other bits from last months.

This months box is really good. The wax smells lovely and feels very oily.

I also ordered a full bottle of britemax cleanmax for £11 including delivery. A very good shampoo which is nice to use and smells of blueberrys. Fast delivery too :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I personally really liked the tyre dressing. I fully decreased the tyre using warm soapy water and a nail brush then wiped down with IPA. It left a perfect sheen to the tyre however only lasted a week.

The durability doesn't bother me much anyway as I tend to clean the car weekly and apply new tyre dressing then so as long as it lasts the week I'm happy.

The shampoo was brilliant too and IMO would be well worth the money for a full bottle if I didn't have so much shampoo lying around a
already!

Not really had chance to try anything else out however ill be using products from the last 4 months on the big detail this weekend when I write the for sale add for my car!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Got mine today. Really impressed! It's very well presented too. Ill await more folk getting there's to speak about the products

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna slap on the tyre dressing from last months box when I next clean the car... Seems to have gone down reasonably well with what I've read.

Tried it last night, Andy. Painted it on to ensure a decent coverage. Not bad, be interested to see how long it lasts.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I want to discuss the new bits god dammit, Better wait until tomorrow though :(

Waiting for panel temps to cool before washing the car, Wheels are clean now but won't dress the tyres until I've washed and dried the whole car.

To use Hubikote or Lather... Hmmmmmm!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Same lol :p.

Hoping it cools down sun-mon as I'll be polishing the car which will give a perfect opportunity to try some of the product properly.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Use the Hubikote and let me know your thoughts, Andy.

Used it on the fathers car already but that is one uncared for vehicle so not a fair test I suppose but it still felt quite nice.

Will give it a go on mine and maybe try out some other waxybox bits whilst I'm at it, I have TC on my car but no wax so not sure what to do, Half a car with the 2 samples to see how they fair up against each other?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hubikote shampoo worked well with the hard water and rinsed clean. Most shampoos fall down with the hard water for me, even BTBM needed a heavy dose before I was happy with it so made it uneconomic.

Swissvax fabric cleaner will be getting a trial this weekend

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I genuinely think I might buy a bottle of Hubikote when I run out of Lather Really is a lovely feeling shampoo, Feels so slick and the bubbles feel so creamy.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is this hubikote stuff free of gloss enhancers?

also the glass cleaner in this months box... Is it for cleaning interior glass? Or is it a prep for something like g1 etc,?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels cleaned and tyres dressed courtesy of the last 2 Waxybox's.

Before
y3are7y2.jpg

After washing
avamyvy3.jpg

Very impressed with the wheel cleaner, I didn't use very much and it still did a pretty good job.

Would I buy more? That I'm not sure about.

All finished
e3umuseq.jpg

Loved the Tyre dressing, Really easy to apply as nice and runny compared to the Megs tyre dressing I have been using.

Just have to see how it holds up, If well it could be a contender when I next need some tyre dressing.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Impressed with the Waxybox this month. It's the first time I've ever got it so thought it was really well presented and a good amount of items.

with regards the contents again I'm impressed. The quick detailer is really good as is the gtechniq. Not really too sure what the point in the blind test wheel cleaner is? May aswell just use soap IMO.

the apc is self explanatory and I've not tried the other stuff. The air freshener is ok and the microfibre is a beast!

Clio Trophy
off the back of this months gave the car a once over ... loved the sonax even over C2V3 durability seens fine from reading around and have ordered 5l (^^ each to their own) and also loved the gtechnic window so ordered some of that ...just!

nice air freshener too ...!

1185983_10151545536755728_1050652091_n_zps921a975a.jpg

Last edited: