ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Ingress

Black 182
Hi, I have searched the forums for the answer to this but can't find it. I have water coming in to the drivers footwell from what looks like the centre of the bulkhead behind the dashboard. It only comes in in very heavy rain or when I wash the car so I am wondering if the drains are blocked, however I cannot find where they are!! I have looked under the plastic scuttle cover at the bottom of the windscreen but can't see anything. does anyone know where to look to see if the drain pipes are blocked, where they run to etc.

I have phoned renault and they said its prob the seals have gone where the heater comes in but it will be 200 quid to replace them! Thought it would be good if I could check the drains aren't blocked before I let them loose with my credit card!

Cheers
Matt

Megane
I had the same thing, and it turned out to be the seals which had failed aroung the heater box, which then filled up the bottom of the box and into the Drivers footwell...
Unfortunately due to the amount of stuff they had to remove it cost me closer to 700, so 200 sounds very reasonable...

Black 182
£700 F*%k that! sounds like the same thing as mine but I'd just mop it up and trade it in if it was gonna be that much!

Megane
ahh but I do love driving me cup, it always makes me smile...
I just didn't want to risk rotting the drivers foot well or rot the carpets..
They did fix a few rattles as well at the same time, well they had to take the dash off...
Ohh apparently the seals are only about £80, so the rest would have been labour, and the fact they had to dry the carpets out as well, it was this summer with all the rain...
So if you fancy taking the dash apart yourself then it shouldn't be too expensive, I don't have the technical knowlegde/time or experience to do it myself...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Got aircon??

Drain could be blocked, scuttle under wipers also has a drain(this could fill up & get into car through fan), i believe.

3000 whhhhooooo :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Hi, I have searched the forums for the answer to this but can't find it. I have water coming in to the drivers footwell from what looks like the centre of the bulkhead behind the dashboard. It only comes in in very heavy rain or when I wash the car so I am wondering if the drains are blocked, however I cannot find where they are!! I have looked under the plastic scuttle cover at the bottom of the windscreen but can't see anything. does anyone know where to look to see if the drain pipes are blocked, where they run to etc.

I have phoned renault and they said its prob the seals have gone where the heater comes in but it will be 200 quid to replace them! Thought it would be good if I could check the drains aren't blocked before I let them loose with my credit card!

Cheers
Matt

is the car under warrenty?

Black 182
No the warranty expired in 07 and the mastercare warranty on it now isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

clio 172
I have the same problem on my 172, got a garage to unblock the drains under the scuttle panel, cost me £90 in labour, relatively easy job if you have the time an know how.
This fixed the problem for about two weeks and now its started to leak again! think my seals may have gone as well, have you fixed yours yet?