ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washer jet problem - video inside

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
People thoughts

[video]http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid187.photobucket.com/albums/x202/magicmushrooms1/MOV_0062_zpsa7f2be40.mp4[/video]

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
:(

how much is a new pump?
is it easy to replace?
also the jets on the bonnet leak badly can they be replaced? how?

sorry for all the questions

I did it last night and wouldn't say it's a pain in the arse. I'm a mechanical r****d and it took me under two hours to take it all out, trim the pump down (see my thread from last night for more info) and put it all back together in the right order. :)

There's a little mech in the pump that prevents water squirting as effectively. My previous thread (can't link sorry on phone) explains a bit better and points at the how to guide.

But you're correct, in all honesty just replace it. But the work is the same. 2 hours start to finish for a proper spanner noob!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Get a new pump ordered and go fit one then! The one I used was from Euro Car Parts.. but I dont think it works for the 182 as they have headlight washers (my 1.2 16v doesn't obviously). Not sure how much genuine Renault ones are. All you need is a small socket set, windscreen wiper removal tool (cheap) and 1.5 hour to spare max.

I did it last night and wouldn't say it's a pain in the arse. I'm a mechanical r****d and it took me under two hours to take it all out, trim the pump down (see my thread from last night for more info) and put it all back together in the right order. :)

Your lucky I'd removed the wipers recently then ;)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so the nozzles on the bonnet where the water comes out, mine piss water everywhere. how do you get these off to replace them? do they pull, are they clippped?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
so the nozzles on the bonnet where the water comes out, mine piss water everywhere. how do you get these off to replace them? do they pull, are they clippped?

Push them from underneath with a possy screwdriver wrapped around a microfibre :)

172 Cup
Chances are the washer jets aren't broken, but the pump is so weak that the water dribbles out of them instead of spraying out of them. Don't bother with a renault pump either, ebay jobs are perfectly good and only cost a fiver ;)