ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washed my other car today (not the clio)

Track 172 Cup
After waiting endlessly for Ford to release details on the New upcoming Focus RS I got bored and bought myslef some Aussie Muscle lol (Holden Commodore) or if you buy it over here a Vauxhall VXR8 mines is the LS2 engine so 6.0 with a Harrop 122 Supercharger with uprated pulley running in the region 600hp and 600lb/ft (I'm told thats what they run approx lol, I'm supposed to taking it to the Rolling Road day at EFi in September see what it's doing), AP Racing calipers, 20" HSV wheels, Wortec cat back exhaust (sounds like a Banshee) fully adjustable Pedders coilovers, front and rear ARB and all bushes Powerflexed.

I'm lucky as my back garden is South facing and my driveway has shade all day so i get chance to wash it and not have to worry about the sun drying everything too quickly. Had a play with some new snow foam my dad gave me (gtechniq stuff) took me a few attempts to get the lather right so it had time to dwell on the car. It's nice and clean (for now lol) wanted to clay (have one of those G3 mitts) the car and give it a good polish, wax and seal if that's the correct order, I'm new to keeping my car's clean lol have to get used to it with Black haha It does have a few swirls and light scratches in the paint work but its only had 2 owners (2nd had it from 9 months old) and has 23k miles on the clock.

20150811_100652_zpsbfcijsgm.jpg

20150811_102226_zpsgodw1uo7.jpg

20150811_133826_zpsuhuc2o7y.jpg

20150811_133839_zpsqfwheewb.jpg

20150811_133859_zpsijaexk3a.jpg

20150811_133911_zpswvsyiqix.jpg

20150811_133954_zpshbgaenzs.jpg

Track 172 Cup
Thanks Guys. Always fancied one and thought why not this came up for sale at a really good price and they are quite rare so don't see many about and get stopped constantly by people (young and old) and loads of looks. People actually come up and say is that the Aussie car of top gear lol... And if you think a RS Tuner makes a clio pop and bang you wanna hear this haha (but its not like a is that broken pop and bang lol)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bet that goes like s**t off a stick!

You need some tyre shine though ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Love these cars also like this colour!

One of these is next on my shopping list after my bike.

I wouldn't bother getting the RS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shocking section to put this in! Anyway I love it! Wouldn't want to run it but they sound insane with that system and mods attached.

Track 172 Cup
To be fair @gally It's not that bad lol I average about 13mpg (i just dont do many miles in total even my 335d or 125d BMW's were wasted doing 4-5k a year hence the purchase of a big V8) and insurance is only £700 tax is almost that lol at £500. Can you recommend any thing I can use by hand to help with the swirls? (or just in general for a black car) I was going to buy some of the Auto finesse tripple (not sure if this has fillers in to help the swirls and would i need to wax/seal after this? Or if i should just try some super resin polish to help fill the swirls a little (also would this then need a was/seal afterwards) I was looking at the Auto Finesse Ultimate kit (but that wont be until birthday (november) or Christmas time as a present too myself lol

My dad has a rotary but I wouldnt feel confident using it on my own car lol and he is still on the practice bonnet in his garage so wouldnt trust him yet also, Think I may nip the scrappy and get a black one to practice on myself lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Grab some tripple by hand and a nice wax, Britemax Vantage wax (on offer) or something. Will look stunning, seriously.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Grab some tripple by hand and a nice wax, Britemax Vantage wax (on offer) or something. Will look stunning, seriously.
Keep it in they family, britemax AIOmax seems to perform almost as well as AF Tripple, but is a little easier to use as it doesn't dry out quite as quick

Track 172 Cup
Love the number of V8's on here now!

Nice car (Could do with silver wheels)

I'm debating as the wheels need a refurb on either gloss black again, silver face with black inside, just all done silver or ceramic polished. Not sure if the polished would be too bling for it though.

Thanks everyone for the comments it certainly gets attention wherever I go lol people love it.

Track 172 Cup
Thanks @sj2112 i see your avatar you also have a car I used to own lol I bought myself an R32 when I was 19 but made the mistake of impulse buying and not checking Insurance and then having too pay £3-4k insurance haha mine was Black though couldn't find a DPB one I liked at the time

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So epic!

On my future car list, always wanted one of these! Such a bargain for what they are.

Track 172 Cup
I paid 23k for this Supercharged one, there are so few about the hold their money very well i seen a 07 with 120k on it non charged up for £14k (the charger is almost 7.5k alone + the other bits, 20" wheels are 4k if you can find a set second had they go for about 2k)