ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

W21 TJW Buyers Beware!

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong section but it is about Clios.

Anyway, someone's selling a 182 cup REG w21 tjw on gumtree for 1.8k, it's a cat c . Has NO information about the accident( or idea about it been a cat c apparently), near to no paperwork for anything besides mot and a milltek and remap...

He's selling it on behalf of someone else, who has owned it for 6 months (was registered to a new owner on 1st December 2012. So, 15 months?) As i said, he has no idea about any of the bad points the car has, supposedly yet he knows a lot about random good points. Ohh and the climate control is stuck on, kept clunking when he put it into third but idk if that was just because he was driving like a tit.
Gave us a random postcode, rang him and he said he was just leaving his apartment and then took us to another address where the car was, which i suspect wasn't his friends house, then another 2 of his friends came in another car, VERY shady lol credit where due though, they was all friendly just never silent

Just posting this in the hopes to warn people off it, it's not so much the faults but more the person, just wants to talk about the good bits rather than helping you figure out why/how it's got the bad bits, or proof of what repairs he says it has had.

Hpi check below:
http://imgur.com/mpwwQyC&1p6bEY2&PEYR2yS&fozQns7#2

Back on the hunt for a 182 :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
There's another one CW05EET BG 182 with 44k on for about the same money, I did a quick check on it and it's CAT D, the first thing that rang alarm bells was the orange side repeaters and the rather low price for the mileage.

A bit of a shame really hope it didn't waste too much of your time.

more the headache trying to get the bottom of the crap than time.

I just hope nobody gets caught out by it. He cant pretend he doesn't know about the Cat C damage now but no doubt he will

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Doesn't that mean the plate was registered as a write off on a civic, not the clio?

That's a fair point actually, no idea

If that is the case, feel kinda bad now(if you ever read this, my bad dude, sorry :/) but does make me wonder why he only wants 1.5k for a 99k mileage 182 cup with a 6 month old milltek. I'd still avoid it though unless your after a track car

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was a cat C it would be written on the front of the logbook in big black letters.