ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Phaeton W12 6.0 @ £9.5k?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes! I'm surprised they aren't lower than that tbh.

Cheap to buy but a millionaires car to run probably!

Bit of a VWFAIL

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  It's A Reno
I'd be tempted for the engine alone, but the mpg must be horrific.

I wonder what the slight attention is?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aye - I dread to think what the running and maintenance costs would be on these. I only looked on PH as I saw that Top Gear repeat at weekend when Clarkson drove one. It's an epic piece of machinery for the money. It's just that cost when things go wrong....

D.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Same as the A8 W12 presumably ?

A mate of mine had the A8 W12 for a week, so naturally we took advantage and had some fun :) Epic is 1 word to describe them, the power delivery is relentless and completely absured lol, it never stops coming !

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Batman said:
An extremely well presented example which requires slight attention hence the low price.

that means the ESP warning light is on the dash

:lolup:

some car for the money though. Proper cruiser, apparently its high teens for mpg.

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  53 Clio's & counting
Different engine, same configuration though, called the same engine as its part of the same group.

Another example of VAG's madness is the 3.2 V6 that goes in the R32, the A3 3.2 and the Touraeg, all 3.2's with the same power, but all three different engines!

CC is all different on them, few other little bits, utter madness

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Different engine, same configuration though, called the same engine as its part of the same group.

Another example of VAG's madness is the 3.2 V6 that goes in the R32, the A3 3.2 and the Touraeg, all 3.2's with the same power, but all three different engines!

CC is all different on them, few other little bits, utter madness

That must really add to the production costs? Seems crazy that they would even attempt to differentiate.

D.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  A4 Avant
My Dad services one and he said the labour to change the alternator was immense as it's actually mounted in the centre of the V between the cylinders and everything above it has to be removed. I think the bill was nearly 1k.

Huooooge breaks on the front of it as well.