ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VW Bora, how much is this worth, i want it!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
so does every1 reckon its worth no more than £1500 cus of age and miles?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
It got fsh? Should have had its second cambelt by now. (if diesels have same servicing gaps as petrol)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive asked him about the cambelt just waiting for a reply, not to fussed about fsh, as long as i know belts are good + clutch and its had a recent service im happy. i expect its got stacks of paper work looking at the condition of the car.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  172 and vw passat
Hi. lovely to drive. mines is on 85k and its running like a dream. seen some with 200k and still running strong :p

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  fabia vrs
Think you would deffo need to take it for a test drive as said before its a non pd I had a 130 pd sport bora and loved it but they are a bit juicy if your flat-out every where !! would pay £1200 max !! Also find out who done the fly-wheel and if they put a duel-mass one in or a single solid one !!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  172 and vw passat
"Pumpe duse" it means Pump injection.
aka It injects the fuel at extreamly high pressure, up to 2,020 bar, direct into the combustion chamber.
:D

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
PD is the only lump to go for IMO. When you hear the stories about how goods Diesel VAG's, People are on about the PD lump. Im just saying dont expect the awesome reviews you hear about these cars to apply to this one

get a standard one, You are letting the wheels sway you. They are cheap replicas that are 19" big. You are looking for a cheap runabout 19" Tyres aren't going to be cheap.

Look for a standard PD lumped one.

My mate runs a 1.9 TDI bora on about 170k. He has an Evo 6 TME, which he cant afford to run all the time, So he bought this, But this has 19" A8 Rims on it, Which cost a fortune in tyres

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i dont tend to keep cars that long anyways get board real quick, ive had about 10 cars and im only 21. if i get this bora i will probly pimp around in it for 6 months then get something else

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  White Evo V
Seems expensive to me at 1500, as everyone is saying its not pd engine if it was the pd it would def be worth 1500 as these engines are strong and reliable! You can get those wheels for about £599 brand new with tyres as they are replicas or £350 without tyres - look on ebay! and I dont think they look anything special. You will end up buying it and a month down the line hating it and wanting to sell it and struggle like mad - il guarentee it! I had a bora! hated it! It was on coilys and 19" wheels and it still Got called the 'GRANDAD CAR'! I would keep looking there is better ones out there!

000_0067.gif

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol exactly what i was thinking, its a vw so its gunna have some sort of value, if it goes over £1500 im not bidding, i can see this ending for near 2k tbh