ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vmaxx slammed!

Ultra 197
Got the kit last night and fitted it all decided to start form the bottom and work up on the coileys if needed. Was amazed how low it went on the front! Havnt had chance to test the handlin of them really as far to much scrubage so untill i wind them up slightly it looks like this!

Photo241.jpg

Photo238.jpg

Photo237.jpg

Photo240.jpg

Photo235.jpg

Gona set them up properly and will take some proper pics of how it is!

All comments welcome!

Ultra 197
Yep thats both of them as low as they can, would rather the back be a bit lower so gona chop couple ov coils of i think lol.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Goes well low at the front but not stiff enough so just rubs like f**k when you corner hard :(

Looking good though mate :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
LOL at chopping coils, you live in a caravan mate? Why purchase coilovers and chop the coils, bit different if it was a shed on standards!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Raise the front slightly and the back won't look so high.... Do not chop the springs!!!

Charged Superleggera
buy custom springs for the back and get it properly slammed all round. dont cut the springs mate as that defeats the purpose of buying coilovers in the first place

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lower than me but say goodbye to bottom of your car that will tw@ everything

b/g 182, meg tourer
far too low on the front to drive.
rear looks great but front needs to go up an inch or so at least.

A Flamin' Red one
Still waiting on my V-MAXXs :( .

Have you got any side on pictures? It's amazing how many people fit new springs/coils and don't take a side on profile. I just want to see how low the rear actually is on its lowest setting.

Ultra 197
Since posting that iv sorted out the front and raised it around 30mm which stops it from scrubing every road i go down. Not going to chop the new spring but am just after a second hand set that could chop down if i wanted to and then always got the new ones to put back on! Managed to give them a lil test aswell and i am impressed, little body roll and not a harsh ride at all but one you can live with :approve:. Anyway went out and took some more picys off it to show...

Photo242.jpg

Photo245.jpg

Photo246.jpg

Photo247.jpg

Not the best pics but only had ma fone t hand lol

Last edited:
  Ultra 197
Thats as low as the back will go. so improvisin and have now put all ma tools and jack in to cheat a lil! like how the front is sittin now tho just need the back slightly lower!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
thats totally put me off getting v-maxx seeing how high the back is

For the money you're going to spend on custom springs you may as well have bought Gaz, I know thats what I will be doing after seeing how high the rear is

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I thought vmaxx went really low at the rear tbh...I know Ktecs dont but thought it was a different story with the different vmaxx rears springs.

A Flamin' Red one
Don't forget vmaxx group buy still places left!!!!

Shameless ;)

I must admit though, I was surprised to see the rear sitting so high having seen others post pictures of their car on these coilovers.

Perhaps it varies between the different models of the Clio?