ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video review Clio 200 mid silencer removed

Megane R26
Copied over from my thread on clio 200 owners.

I wanted more of a sporty note but not fork out big for a full aftermarket system. Also didn't want too much noise as this is my daily.
sketch-1446574414029.jpg

This cost me £60 at Longlife exhausts in Brighton and took less than a normal hour.
Before pic, no after but yea, straight pipe.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a bit more rasp and sportyness from their standard exhaust.

OK so here is a video! It's no where near as loud as it sounds in the video! Just to be clear on that. In the cabin it's only a bit louder

[VIDEO]

My review on a standard car, standard exhaust with only the centre silencer removed, straight stainless steel pipe welded in and a performance panel filter.

Idle
a tiiiiny bit deeper and a tiiiiny bit louder. Passable as standard.

Gentle driving
A bit louder, non intrusive. It's not boomy or droney, more just a bit louder at the standard note.

Motorway
A slightly drone, nothing offensive or annoying, just a slightly more sporty note.

Giving it the beans
Raspy past 5500rpm, louder and plenty of little crackles.

Revving
We'll , see video

Pros-
Higher pitch tinny rasp, more drama on downshifts and high revs. Not overly loud, not boomy.

Cons -

Flatspot.. Yup, didn't have one before and now there is a small but noticeable hesitation /flatspot at around 2500-2800 rpm.

Can I live with it? Personally, No thanks. It's off to AMD in Essex for a remap next week once I have fitted a 64mm throttle body. That will be a custom one to suit all mods, help with cold start driveability and wipe away flatspot.

Hope that helps anyone that Is unsure about doing good it.

renault Clio 200 cup
Hi there mate, just out of interest what did your car make at AMD with the throttle body? And did you think they done a good job overall? I've got a 200 with the itg maxogen and a scorpion cat back system. Thinking of getting a decat and the englarged throttle body with a trip upto them to finish it off but just after opinions first. Any info would be much appreciated thanks

Megane R26
Hi there mate, just out of interest what did your car make at AMD with the throttle body? And did you think they done a good job overall? I've got a 200 with the itg maxogen and a scorpion cat back system. Thinking of getting a decat and the englarged throttle body with a trip upto them to finish it off but just after opinions first. Any info would be much appreciated thanks
Hi mate.

The flatspot is still there. But only just! They had it on the rollers for quite a while and it did feel more urgent lower down in the revs. My exhaust, well, middle section has developed a rattle so I'll have the mid silencer chopped out again I think, true test is to see how much of a flat spot I'll get again now that it's been mapped!

Was the ramap worth it? Probably not for me. But might be a different story with an actual aftermarket exhaust.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I had the middle box removed from my 182 after the old one rotted through, I loved the slight difference. I thought it made it sound as it should've done.
Loved how yours had the crackles etc.