ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video: Renaultsport trackday at Spa 1/6/09

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Took the Bean to Spa yesterday to stretch its legs at the RS trackday. Had a great time and the car performed well, although it was worked hard on the brakes and tyres. In this instance, the sessioned format was a blessing as it gave the car a chance to recover. Had a good few laps (not driving) in a Clio Cup car in addition to the sessions in mine.
Best lap was a 3:15.9, but data logging shows my best sectors added together would result in an optimum lap of 3:12. Something to aim for next time!

Here's the vid, it's a bit shaky as the mount was vibrating a bit too much: http://www.vimeo.com/4963015

200 Gordini
Eating Meganes and V6's haha

I was wondering if you can wear motorcross helmets on track days because thats all i have

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
You should be OK with an MX lid as long as it passes the relevant safety standards. I've had no problems.

Sadly the V6 in the vid stuffed it into a tyre wall in the next session. Didn't look good and we didn't see it for the rest of the day, so not sure how bad the damage was.

I missed videoing the lap where I outbraked an R26R into Les Combes and he had to go straight on down the escape lane. That was pretty funny.