ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration when engine braking

The last couple of times I have been out in my car I have had the same problem.

Both happed when accellerating then quickly getting off the accelerator but once at low speed and today on the motorway at high speed.

I couldnt feel it through the steering wheel but it was like a loud vibrating noise that went after a few seconds.

Car is fine other then that.

Trophy #473
been doing it for about 2 months now, gradualy got worse, get lots of vibration throught the wheel under accelerating and a little under engine braking. 125 exchange from renault I think, for the pair.

been doing it for about 2 months now, gradualy got worse, get lots of vibration throught the wheel under accelerating and a little under engine braking. 125 exchange from renault I think, for the pair.

Thanks for the info. I will leave it a couple of weeks and see if it gets worse. I dont think I can feel anything when accelerating I will have to pay more attention next time.

Sound like the inner CV joint then. :(

"Wear in the outer joint usually shows up as vibration at certain speeds, a bit like the vibration caused by an unbalanced wheel. To determine if the joint is worn, a driver should find a big empty car park and drive the car slowly in tight circles, left and right. Worn joints will make a rhythmic clicking or cracking noise. Wear in the inner joints shows up as a "clunk" or "pop" when applying power, or if severe, when lifting off the throttle."

I have been getting a popping noise when going through 5k but thought it was engine related.

Just spoke to my local garage and he said you have to replace the whole drive shaft and because Renault dont do an exchange program they are £175 each!

Is this right?