ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Velvet like door covering.

Do you think that the material they have used on the doors where you rest your arms will wear out? Its like a felt / velvet material. Give it 6 months before I start getting flat shiny bits that have worn out. LOL

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Shouldnt do.

Alcantara (what it is) is one of the most expensive man made materials iirc.

Clio 197

The material wont wear quickly... BUT....

on my 182, you could see the padding went flat, where I used to rest my arm... I only weigh 60Kg... the paddings not good is it?

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 19 August 2004
Alcantara (what it is) is one of the most expensive man made materials iirc.

about £35 a metre when i asked!

VaVa

Yup. Alacantara (synthetic suede) is actually dearer than the real thing........ The use it instead of real suede because its completely free of imperfections. A friend of mine who works for Land Rover told me.

2002 Clio Dynamic

The Alcantara will actually start lookin better the older its gets,i have my boot install trimmed in black alcantara and it looks better each day!

Shouldnt wear away to easily

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 19 August 2004

The material wont wear quickly... BUT....

on my 182, you could see the padding went flat, where I used to rest my arm... I only weigh 60Kg... the paddings not good is it? <SCRIPT language=javascript>
i was thinking about this comment and cant understand why you would be resting your arm next to the door anyway?

You would have to have bloody long arms to rest them on there and have your hand on the wheel. So are you resting it there and driving with one hand, if so thats not really that clever and the area isnt really meant to be an arm rest as you should have both hands on the wheel.

Plus you will of had to be doing it quite a bit for the short period you owned the car to make it go flat.

If you arent talking about that area then sorry, but i just dont understand how it could be done?

Titanium Clio 182

Same here, thats how i drive with my arm resting on the door, thats what its for. Especially good for long distance driving.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i rest my arm there wen the windows up and i put my arm out the window wen its down i normal drive with 1 hand any way