ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobiliser - my bad.

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
For a while my cigarette lighter (which is a USB port now due to previous owner) hasn't worked. I set about trying to fix it this weekend.

I popped a multi meter on the wire/s to the USB/Cig lighter and some how shorted it. I heared a noise, albeit brief. Then the CD player and climate was dead.

I then noticed the immobiliser light was on... SOLID.

The key was still in the ignition and it started?
I took the key out put it back and nothing. It won't even crank. Can't hear the fuel pump prime (immobiliser stepping in) and Solid red immobiliser light.

I've checked all the fuses and noticed that the mini 15amp in the passenger glove box was popped. Replaced that and I have a CDplayer and climate again. Other than that, nothing.

I know I've fucked up. But to what degree?

Is there anyway to test the UCH or rest the immobiliser to the key before I start throwing money and bits at it.

Thank you!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Tried taking the battery negative off and leaving it a bit to try and reset everything? Aside from that I'm not sure what you could've broken.

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
For anyone googling or searching for an immobiliser answer, mine was the 15amp USB fuse in the engine bay. Looked visually fine but it turned out to be goosed.

Replaced fired back in to life.

Still no cigarette lighter power....problem for another day.