ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vauxhall Nova Saloon

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mate was drunk one night and ended up buying this nova saloon for £1700 from ebay without an engine.

He has fitted a 1.0L just now and is fully rebuilding a 1.3SR engine for it.

Today was the first time it has seen the road for over 2 years.

IMG_1628.gif

IMG_1629.gif

IMG_1633.gif

IMG_1630.gif

IMG_1631.gif

IMG_1635.gif

IMG_1632.gif

IMG_1636.gif

IMG_1637.gif

IMG_1634.gif

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
£1700 Ouch

Looks solid though... I destroyed a mates 1.0 Nova Saloon back when we started driving, he had it up for sale and no interest so we stuck it into 1st gear at 60mph and blew the box to bits and weighed it in for scrap lol.

Would it not have been just as easy to drop an XE in there?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its rust free with nothing rotten anywhere. Its solid and still has the dates and parts numbers on the rear beam.
It looks like it has been almost fully resorted.

My mate said there is no way it is wanting to start messing about so thats why he is sticking to the 1.3SR engine rather than doing anything bigger.

Disastra Coupe
Tbf though, saloon's are rare. Even more so in good condition. How much do they usually go for?

Lad of SaxP who is big into Vauxhall's has recently bought one:

Photo0358.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
That is wicked. The inner boy in me loves that. I wanted one back years ago but ended up with a 1.3sr hatch. That looks in great condition!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
There is something about old retro saloons and Hatchbacks I love. With a little work that could be a cracker nice car dude.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I remember when I passed my test in 97 and the Nova was the ultimate bellend car. Like 1.2 Corsas and Saxos are now. But now they're so rare and old skool cool I REALLY want one!!!! That saloon was a joke in the 90s, but now it's an absolute beast! I love it!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
That looks quality! bloody imaculate aswell. Would deffinately have that for some old school kool!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I'd love a late gsi with speedline allesios.

Used to tug over them back in the day.

Turbos.
Awesome?

Anyone else in the real world? Only worth it if it was a nice reto restoration job with a silly engine in it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know a guy building a RWD V8 one. It'll never be finished though, knowing him.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's really smart that and if he's happy who cares what it cost... You just see them anymore so when you do and they're like that it's a treat.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
lol it's £1700 quid not 5k. I love it. Most people on here are probably too young to have seen a decent Nova on the road.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very cool!

I know someone who would buy that instantly given the chance, to add to the rest of his old vauxhall collection.

Most people on here are probably too young to have seen a decent Nova on the road.

I remember them just fine and still think it's awful. £1700 for a bright yellow Nova with no engine?!? My God, pissed?! He must have been absolutely f**king wrecked!!

Still, each to their own and all that. Whatever makes you happy I say.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I remember them just fine and still think it's awful. £1700 for a bright yellow Nova with no engine?!? My God, pissed?! He must have been absolutely f**king wrecked!!

Still, each to their own and all that. Whatever makes you happy I say.

Thinking about it, i didnt take into account it didnt have a engine... That is a bit mad.

120d M Sport
Even when drunk I am confident I would have the sense...or perhaps more accurately, I wouldn't have the capability...to go on ebay and purchase a car!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Loved my 1.4sr and white gsi back in the day. Is be sorely tempted to get another, prob have to be a 2.0 though, allways fancied one.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
had 4 novas, or was it five? loved them, still do, and wish i still owned them as theyd be worth alot more now!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
My old Nova

110_1039.jpg

102_0203.jpg

Bump starting my cossie, lol
107_0712.jpg

Van1.jpg

Cracking little motor that was

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, did you buy it like that or carry out the conversion yourself?

A bit of both mate, when I got it (in part payment of a debt, it used to belong to an ex girlfriend before me) the engine was already in the back, but it was really poorly done, so I gutted it back to a bare shell in the back and started again. Handles a lot better now because Ive used completely different uprights with different height steering arms and made new suspension control arms etc, but even a lot better than it was still isnt great, lol
EPIC fun though, it is completely impossible to drive it in anger without smiling your head off!