ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver rear wheel bearings

Has anyone got any hints or tips for replacing rear wheel bearings on a 16V? Going to tackle the job in the next week, getting a bit noisy!!! Do I need to remove the caliper to get the hub off? etc....

...know someone with a hydraulic press to get bearing out of hub so no probs there. Is getting the hub off easy?

PM Paul16v. I think he just changed his the other day and said it wasnt that hard. Im sure hell be abe to provide some handy hints, and he managed it without a press...

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Rear disks come off OK, Think I had to move the caliper obviously to allow the disk to come off, then bearings are inside the disk/hub as one unit.

Wasnt difficult. Replaced with new disks and bearing were pushed in using a manual press but it will obviously be hearder to remove and replace bearings as you have to be more careful not to damage anything when removing the old ones. Id pay the 20 quid or so and get new rear disks to save the hassle of bearing removal and have shiny new rear disks. Only hassle thenis fitting the new bearings.

clio 20v

if u get valver rear discs from reno they come with the bearings already pressed in, there not too expensive

but u have to ask for discs for a car with ABS even if u havent got it but it doesnt matter either way

the non abs discs are dearer and come without bearings, work that out lol

adi

172 & LCR

Buy new rear discs from Reno they come with new bearings already fitted and not dear, make life easy.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

still about a £100 aernt they.got some for a 5 turbo(same as clio) and they cost about that and that time they came without bearings

clio 20v

nope cheaper than that if u ask for valver abs discs they come with bearings and are about 40-50 quid if i remember rightly

adi

Titanium 182

mine needs new rear discs, and pads

does this mean il hae to change the whole lot, as the garage say no u dont do it like that?>

not sure if so il want new bearings