ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver gaerbox

valver gearbox

hi
my gear box is f**ked so im going to need a whole new one
dose anyone know how much a second hand one would cost
i want to get a second hand one which has been fully recodision
or get my one done

1.how much this would cost to do

2.any place that i can try buy one or get mine done

any help would be good
thanks

Last edited:
  ITB 16v hybrid
a fully reconditioned g/box from Renault is £600 i think, but you can pick up second hand ones for about £90.
When i did the gearbox in my valver it cost me a lot oof money as the engine has to come out to change the gearbox.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
mattclio said:
a fully reconditioned g/box from Renault is £600 i think, but you can pick up second hand ones for about £90.
When i did the gearbox in my valver it cost me a lot oof money as the engine has to come out to change the gearbox.

The last one i got from Renno was just over 400 quid exchange i think. There is no need to take the engine out to do the box if you know what to do :D

Paul

ITB 16v hybrid
where I took my valver to they said they had to take the engine out?? They are a well known company aswell, who have done many cover cars. Renault also told me the same. Have you done a 16v g/box yourself w/out taking the engine out??
cheers

matt

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes and it is a major f*ck about. It probably works out faster to take out the motor to be honest.

Paul