ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valve knock [172 PH1]

hello guys,

I have a valve knock when RPM on idle. I think it's also knocking when accelerating but the car is making so much noise (induction + exhaust) you can notice. anybody can guess what the problem is?

cheers,
Elad,

wow mate, talk english please :D
do you have picture of the part? how much will cost to replace? need to remove head or only rocker cover?

cheers,
Elad.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully if it is the dephaser he'll catch it before it sounds that bad!

no, it doesn't sound that bad. will try to tape it and post it here.
does anyone have the renault part number of the dephaser?

Last edited:
  172 & LCR
I also have a dephaser have not had a chance to check postage costs on head yet but looks like you may not need it.
£60 for dephaser inc postage.

no, it doesn't sound that bad. will try to tape it and post it here.
does anyone have the renault part number of the dephaser?

Clio 182

exactly what happened to mine - except mine broke in around 4 miles, and don't I just love shelling out over 2k for replacement engine, fitting, new clutch etc for the sake of it - when I'm going to now get f**k all when its time to sell :(

RS RIP
is this cam dephaser fault only to be recognised at idle ?

Mine does'nt tick but does make irregular noise at idle.
Runs like a train though....

The dealer says it's normal :quiet:

Driving a Reno keeps you on your toes does'nt it pfffff

Honda Integra Type R
Dont think thats the dephaser normally it only does it when starting from cold but if its went on fro so long i guess thats what happens :S