ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 speakers - what sizes

What size/spec are the front and rear speakers in the latest V6? It is possible to get 6x9s in the rear in place of the std items?

E91 M Sport

I think theyre all 13cm drivers.

The rears (in the mk1 at least) could do with much better enclosures, as they sound complete sh1t reverberating off the plastic housing. I think youd struggle to fit 6x9s in there. Youd probably be better off buying some decent 13s and amping them.

Ziel Nurburgring

It might be worth looking into a custom enclosure for some small subs behind the seats. Ive seen a couple of MX5s and VW golf flat bed low rider (2 seater) with customer enclosured 8" subs. Pop along to a prefessional company and see what they can do, it wont be as expensive as you think

Thanks for the help!

Ive yet to pull my almost new Vee apart to have a look. The door speakers are relatively easy, but Im sure the rears are a little trickier. The plan would be to use something like MB Quart reference components in the front (either 4" or 5.25" in the door, and possibly tweeters - how hard is it to remove the std ones in the dash?), and then 6x9s for the rear.

Ive got some old Nachamichi (sp?) amps kicking around, one of which could go under the drivers seat, or maybe a Genesis 4ch amp. But the first step is really to just uprate the speakers...