ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using my 172 as a removal vehicle ...tyre pressures

Clio 172
I've packed my 172 to the roof with everything I own, have a 15 hour drive ahead of me through France starting tomorrow. Due to the weight in the back the exhaust is now knocking. So I guess it would be best to increase rear wheel tyre pressure, so my question is what would people recommend to be the MAX tyre pressure I can have in rear ?? any advice appreciated

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
If your car is that loaded up be careful that vosa don't go pulling you over for exceeding the max weight of the Clio, I do know of the odd holiday goer that has been pulled for the vehicle being overweight.
Good luck on your move though

Clio 172
thanks for the advice, think I'll try and get rid of all the stuff on back shelf as it does look very overloaded. My tyres say max 51psi !!!! so I'm going to try 37psi in back, 33psi front, hopefully the exhaust doesn't drop off

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Factor in the heat as well. If you're travelling at speed for a considerable distance - and with this time of year, your tyres will get hot.

Too much heat in a tyre already under high pressure load will likely to go pop.

e92 330i
You can get spacers that go in your springs to reduce the compression as well, not sure if that would help though.