ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using Mac as media source for PS3

Anyone doing this? Looking to set my mac/ps3 up so I can run media content on my mac HDD through my PS3. If so do I need to install YDL or similar or anything on the mac to get the two to work together?

Citroen DS3 DSport
On your Mac enable File Sharing and Web Sharing and then access the supplied web address on the PS3 browser and you can stream media or copy it to the PS3 from there. No need for Medialink etc. All you need do is copy media into the Sites folder on the Mac.

On your Mac enable File Sharing and Web Sharing and then access the supplied web address on the PS3 browser and you can stream media or copy it to the PS3 from there. No need for Medialink etc. All you need do is copy media into the Sites folder on the Mac.

I take it this means you have to control what content you are viewing/listening to via the mac? If so I was hoping for something that could control the desktop or at very least itunes from the PS3 remotely. This will save me the expense and hassle of buying a 300GB HDD for the PS3 and ripping my entire music collection again. The mac will be in my Bedroom and the PS3 in the lounge with my tv and surround sound gear.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No you browse the Mac 'Site' folder from the PS3 and copy or play what media you want. Not an ideal solution for iTunes playback though, mainly used by me for films etc