ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Usb Lan

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Lan ?

As in you want it networked through cat5 or you want it on a s**tty usb hub ?

As in he wants it accessible over his local network, be it wired or wireless.

Not got anything like that but the wireless one looks/sounds cool, not sure how good they are though.

Clio200 EDC Lux
can't you just share the printer thats what I have done before? eg on the pc with printer connected set it to shared... on the other one find networked printers.

As above ^^

Basically, printer plugs in to 1 pc, this pc is connected to your router, which all the other pc's are connected to.

Then you just set up a printer network and its done.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I've got a Belkin USB Hub. Brilliant. Very quick and easy to setup.

We've only got one as theres not a main PC. Only 2 Laptops and a Macbook.

SLK250 CDI
As above ^^

Basically, printer plugs in to 1 pc, this pc is connected to your router, which all the other pc's are connected to.

This will only share the device as a printer though, there will be no scanner sharing.

I've got a Belkin USB Hub. Brilliant. Very quick and easy to setup.

We've only got one as theres not a main PC. Only 2 Laptops and a Macbook.

The Belkin device will share the device as a scanner - you install the Belkin client software on each PC, then the printer's own driver/software and it fools each PC into thinking that the device is connected to that PC directly by USB (but it's actually over the network). Only the Belkin device in the first link will actually do this, the other one just has a printer server function like sharing the printer from the PC it's attached to.

Clio 172mk2
both do same job , basically make usb look like its on each pc with there software

yes i have a printer server but that only does printer not scanner.

n yes its for over wireless hate pluggin in cables to laptop all time

Better than yours. C*nt.
can't you just share the printer thats what I have done before? eg on the pc with printer connected set it to shared... on the other one find networked printers.

As above ^^

However what you're forgetting is that when you're lying in bed on your laptop or sat in front of the TV, is you've got to go and turn the main computer on, wait for it to boot, then print to it, rather than just printing to it.

Network printing is most definitely the way forward - printer sharing should be phased out as it causes more trouble than it's worth...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
However what you're forgetting is that when you're lying in bed on your laptop or sat in front of the TV, is you've got to go and turn the main computer on, wait for it to boot, then print to it, rather than just printing to it.

Network printing is most definitely the way forward - printer sharing should be phased out as it causes more trouble than it's worth...

This :) Plus as said, that'll only work for printing not scanning which I'm guessing the other devices can handle?

Clio 172mk2
both belkin and icy , does allow both , basically any usb, will be some exceptions. due to software limitations and been fairly new. Obviously only one computer can access the printer at a time where as printerserver would over come this.

There are reviews for the belkin but cant find out for the other