ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent - Problem with me Mug

Started the car tonight and for some reason it didnt start first time nor the second but fired the third time. I thought that was very strange but had heard about it happening to a few other ppl so thought id go for a drive to see if all else was well. Let the car warm up for about 15 mins then reved it in 3rd gear and for some fecking reason it starts stuttering at cutting out as I reached 6k!!!! I tried it again in 2nd and it did the same, the car is running fien till it hits 5500-6000 then it all goes pear shape and cuts, is it the limiter coming in early? i.e running in safe/limp mode. The exhaust also sounds a bit more "puffy" that it used to....

Can anyone help me?

On another note the ECU cradle thing that loops over onto the engine mount is cracked, the little bit of metal that is held down by a bolt. The ECU box seems stable without it but could this be the reason? Maybe the ecu aint in right???? (might be talking sh*te)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

fault mode shouldnt allow the engine to rev higher than 3500.The engine has two rev limiters.when cold(<80 engine temp)it limits it to just under 6500 i think.when hot(>80 engine temp)it will rev right round to 7200.ive had 172s with faulty coil packs before that make them cough + splutter at high speed.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

maybe but for non start problems its normally the immobiliser.Replaced loads of transponder keys + key recievers for non start faults.

not with a 172 or cup but my mate has a Ibiza Cupra that the coil packs went on, along with everyother 1.820vt vag engine in the country. An I think what you are describing sounds similar to what his was doing. Apparently it was the weather, the drop in wether phucked up all the coil pack. Only thing is you could actually tell his car was only firing on 3 cylinders.

one time i started me car, drove forward off my drive, switched it off in the dip of my drive and the roaad cos the missus needed the keys to get back in my house to get summat. neway when she brought the keys back it wouldnt start, loads of tries. sounded like the fuel pump mayb wasnt workin, it was turnin over but no go. pushed it back on the flat, tried again and it started first time. mmm weird. no drivin probs tho. neva happened again since either.

This has happened to me a few times but after turning the key off then trying again it has been fine (Never needed to be done 3 times) and it has never effected the performance after doing it. I think it is definitely something to do with the immoboliser.

Update: Car will now not start at all, car goes to turn over but just wont fire up:( Does anyone know if there is a way for the garage to tell if a car has a r sport ecu fitted? i.e has anyone else had their car serviced with the r sport on it?