ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Megane R26

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Impact of the changes on the used car market
Though much is being made about the abolition of the iconic paper tax disc, arguably the biggest change in car tax rules is the one that means tax is no longer transferable between owners. This means that now, buyers of used cars will have to tax them themselves as soon as they take ownership, rather than benefitting from tax already paid for by the seller.

As a result, the seller of a car can now apply for a refund for any whole months that remain out of the 12 that have been paid for when they notify the DVLA of the ownership change.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/143655/changes-in-car-tax-new-uk-road-tax-rules-2014

CBR1K, F21 125D
Basically you buy any car with no tax. Upon receipt of the v5 the seller will receive the refund of tax to full month amount.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The French chariot is still going strong as ever. 51k miles now and the missus drives it more than me, but still enjoy taking it out and giving it a good blast. Will have owned it 2.5 years by June.

IMG_0139_zpsg8xj37k9.jpg

IMG_0146_zps5ywhl9y0.jpg

IMG_0134_zpssbudd0ra.jpg

IMG_0132_zpsjnogbztr.jpg

IMG_0128_zpsuulli9ce.jpg

Darth Vader intake at the top :cool:

It's a shame Youtube clips offer no real sense of speed. This thing is rapid. (to 60mph, obviously. Mmkay).

Czech
Good to see some update pictures of a familiar old friend...

That front plate size looks good - where did you pick them up from?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What are these like on juice compared to the E46?

This seems much better than the M3 on fuel, to be honest. Just lasts longer in the tank.

Good to see some update pictures of a familiar old friend...

That front plate size looks good - where did you pick them up from?

Fancy Plates mate. I believe they're standard length but 90mm height :)

What are the wheels?

As above mate, R26.R alloys.

LY Megane R26 230
Looks stunning mate!

I've got R26R alloys fitted to my R26 and just wondered if you are running scape rs as yours seem to fill the arches so much better.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It's amazing that, given how awful the cooking model Meganes looked, just how brilliant these can look with a few subtle tweaks.

Looks excellent in red too.