ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated / modified exhaust mounts

LY R26 #288
Nice one harding. I think the hardest part is going to be getting the exhaust where you want it then marking where to drill the hole in the rubbers. :cry:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
No worries. I've bought an old set of knacketed mounts to fit them onto. Yeah that's right, it may take a whole to get it to sit exactly how I want it too.

Are you going to swap the centre mount over too?

LY R26 #288
My centre mount is knackered. From what I can see they don't do much anyway. I kept using north west performance ones but they keep braking. I'll probably just get an oem one for the centre.

I'm looking forward to fitting these tbh. There's so much movement on my knackered ones my exhaust is knocking underneath the car and the side to side movement is just as bad.

I've only got one set of mounts so I gotta get it right first time lol

^^ Haven't read through this thread but renault have revised the center mount to a red stronger plastic, Im after one myself just got to make the trip down to renault or contact wests and make payment.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My centre mount is knackered. From what I can see they don't do much anyway. I kept using north west performance ones but they keep braking. I'll probably just get an oem one for the centre

Joe, get them from wests renault:

Centre exhaust mount - 7700424341 - £6.77

As mentioned, they have been revised so they should be better :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Have ordered a couple of the square shaped EXH 008 powerflex items, going to try this mod with a couple of old mounts I have. I recently fitted eBay rear mounts to mine and they lasted approximately one hour before breaking!

Seeing as it's been bumped... To back up Yellow Dave's claim my EXH008 mounts have been fitted for circa 15k/1yr now with no issues... including a change of exhaust.

derv biege barge
As stated previously. Mine are similar to the mod. Still fine. If I stayed with OEM, would have gone through loads they were lucky to last 6 months.

Westfield, 182, 200
Used Yellow Dave's mod on my 182 with a scorpion stainless system, been on over 6 months and had no problems.

You can jiggle/tweak the brackets to line the tail pipes up.

Ian.

Clio 182 FF
just read through the thread... Seems like its a good mod, I have ordered the EXH008 bushes.

Would you recommend changing the rear centre bracket to? (genuine part)

Black 182 FF
The people who have tiger sealed their mounts, how have they fared up?

I'm torn between this fix with the new powerflex rubbers and tiger sealing mine. I bodged them ages ago with some cheap stuff I had from the pound shop, obviously I knew it wouldn't last forever but it's been well over a year now, longer than the replacement mounts I bought.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Before I actually loose a finger, what do people cut the OEM centre out with, and trim the Powerflex bush with?

Clio 197
Before I actually loose a finger, what do people cut the OEM centre out with, and trim the Powerflex bush with?

I used scissors to cut the centre bit of the oem mount and a Stanley knife round the edges. Use scissors only on the powerflex

Renaultsport Clio182
Just done mine and about to fit seen as my current ones were forked! Av put them sideways and drilled the hole, fits better in the mount with no cutting and tiger sealed round the outside, just my cat to fit then mot time!

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Think ill do this to mine now that the original one is proper dead now.The rubber that should be in decided it didn't want to be part of the car at some point the day so I won't need to bother cutting it out lol.

No need to spend £70 when you can get Powerflex rubbers for a fiver and get to the same outcome.

And use cable ties which will eventually break and the bush falls out , err just like the OP has stated has happened??

there are times its just worth spending the money to do it right and forget it .

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Some exhausts are required to move or they can break also at the mounts otherwise, I'd check before putting solid ones in like the Prima ones, probably ok for a 172 but a 182 they have to be able to move.

And use cable ties which will eventually break and the bush falls out , err just like the OP has stated has happened??

there are times its just worth spending the money to do it right and forget it .

More cable ties then lol!!!! DUHHHH

As long as it's free moving then it shouldn't cause any problems.

I was advised against the prima ones at the time.

Some exhausts are required to move or they can break also at the mounts otherwise, I'd check before putting solid ones in like the Prima ones, probably ok for a 172 but a 182 they have to be able to move.

the prima one moves enough , they make them for 17s and 182's

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Oh right, I thought prime mounts were Solid Plastic, would be handy just for the fact of having more than one hole to put the mount in.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just because I used cable ties initially makes it a poor fix?

Make them and correctly trim the new mount and they fit so snug they won't move. Cable ties were there to secure it whilst the bonding sealant cured, now cable ties removed and mounts still sitting pretty.

If you want to spent money on the prima mounts by all means go buy them, I'm not stopping you, just giving an alternative that works!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That was how mine looked

ExhaustMount05.gif

I have since done as dave has said above and i have bonded all round the edges and filled the corners of mine with tiger seal and taken the cable ties off.

I have hit mine a few times with a hammer to try and move the bush insert but its going nowhere

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is there any need for the tigerseal mine feel pretty solid without it and I cba taking them off the car again.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Is there any need for the tigerseal mine feel pretty solid without it and I cba taking them off the car again.

I done it as i did not want to keep the cable ties and i wanted to make sure that it was not going anywhere.

I have not yet fitted mine as im awaiting my standard ones to fail.