ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated 09/2 - Winter Protection Detail - Gtechniq C1/FRP/ASW Content Ect...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Without telling everyone mate they're all pretty much the same product. I never said that though! ;)

You'd get 4-5 cars out a 15ml bottle mate.

Oh and I doubt there's anything rides harsher than mine mate. I might be wrong but I doubt it. We shall see though! :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Re: Winter Protection Detail - Gtechniq C1/FRP/ASW Content Ect...

I did hear that about there coatings when visiting AF, but I just managed to get 4x 17" focus wheels done out of the 15ml C5. seems to be holding up so far, not yet fitted the parts I used C4 on. I just don't fancy having to polish it off if I get it wrong.

Just PM's Craig about meeting up in the new year.

IIRC you have the EP800? I'm still not liking the feel of the DA so thinking of changing. worth it or just do it properly and spend more. I'll probably keep the DA for using with LP and rejuvenate as I'm always impressed by the finish

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sell the DA and get the EP mate it's the best of both worlds. Same feel to hold and use as the DA. Speed ate the rear of the machine but it has the power and smoothness of a rotary.

Slow start 700rpm ect. Ideal for glazing or even sealing/waxing via machine.

I actually prefer it to the Millwaukee and that is an immense machine. The size of the EP just feels so nice to use.

It came from a reliable source regarding the products. I'm not that fussed tbh. G1 is one of their finest products also.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

sounds fair! time to start learning a new technique again. any thoughts on their pads or keep with the hex logic set?

I have G1 but waiting for a dryer warmer day to apply it. G3 performed very well but dropped quickly then performed no better than C2 at 10% QD

172 Cup

I have just came across this now...dont know how i missed it tbh!

Great work mate, that is such a gorgeous colour when looked after like that!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

sounds fair! time to start learning a new technique again. any thoughts on their pads or keep with the hex logic set?

I have G1 but waiting for a dryer warmer day to apply it. G3 performed very well but dropped quickly then performed no better than C2 at 10% QD

Hex are perfect mate. I love the 3m yellow for enhancements like Lime prime and rejuvenate but for correction the hex ones are best. The hex spot pads are also so much better than the 3m spot pads. The 3m spot pads are a little poor quality for heavier work and they seem to tear a little easy. :)

I have just came across this now...dont know how i missed it tbh!

Great work mate, that is such a gorgeous colour when looked after like that!

Cheers mate, she's still looking rather clean, C1 is bloody impressive.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce

Stunning work mate. Looks the part.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks Dalla. The winter will take it's toll no doubt!

120d M Sport

I think if you do the right stuff as you have using a good sealant then keep washing it when possible over winter (jetwashing out the arches etc) theres no need to worry too much about using it over winter. Drove my old mk5 Zs daily over a snowy winter in 09/10, it had a tiny bit of rust on the inner lip of the arch before and that never got any worse over the rest of the time I had it. Car was always kept clean and wore dodo supernatural.

Trophy #490

Thanks Dalla. The winter will take it's toll no doubt!

Sorry to be a pedant, but that's my new annoyance on here! It's even eclipsed the they're/there/their issue. An apostrophe's simply not required there in this context!

Lovely car though. Has it been expensive to maintain? Heard the brakes need regular servicing?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to be a pedant, but that's my new annoyance on here! It's even eclipsed the they're/there/their issue. An apostrophe's simply not required there in this context!

Lovely car though. Has it been expensive to maintain? Heard the brakes need regular servicing?

Thanks mate i'm usually on the ball with grammar. My bad. I actually thought 'it's' was right as I was personalising Winter.

Thanks for the comments. It costs minimal to maintain for now. My dad/brother service the car/brakes so cost me £20 minus oil for it's service in July.

Discs are £400 a pair. Pads £75. Tyres are 225/40/17 so not cheap but not expensive either. I'm due 4 after winter.

Nothing much else except Frp specific parts which you cannot buy from Ford anymore. The suspension which I replaced a year ago is around £1000 rrp. I got it cheaper.

Can't think of many other consumables.

Trophy #490

Thanks mate i'm usually on the ball with grammar. My bad. I actually thought 'it's' was right as I was personalising Winter.

Thanks for the comments. It costs minimal to maintain for now. My dad/brother service the car/brakes so cost me £20 minus oil for it's service in July.

And again... :p

Thanks for that, it's useful to know for future reference. I was so close to buying one before opting for the Trophy, but I hadn't really researched the running costs for the FRP. Still have a craving for one though, they're just one of those cars that you have to experience at some stage in your life. Its arch gap's irrelevant when they handle as well as they do!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at the Trophy before buying the Frp. Heart ruled my head.

No doubting the Trophy is the better car in 9/10 departments. Driving the Frp in the right conditions is something very special.

I'm not saying everyone would get that feeling but as a massive Ford fan, it tickles my balls like nothing else i've driven.

Have I said meh yet? Saw another today. Sounded better than mine that's for sure!

Dave where are you based fella?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll chap the door of the old chaps and hit him up for a SV brush and a bottle of Pol.

Italian 3.2 V6

Epic, so much want!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Just uploaded a couple of vids to YT of C1 doing it's thing. I know Toby was looking to see what it's like in action.

First wash in 6 weeks, quick snowfoam followed by a wash with gwash (fantastic shampoo) and it's back to beading and sheeting like new. Nice to get all the salt and crap off the car aswell.

Can't recommend C1 enough. The only thing I keep telling people is the paint needs to be at it's best and the owner is 100% happy with it because once it's on it's on to stay.

Update shortly chaps.

Not a 320d

Just seen them mate, Honestly? I expected more from it beading wise. Obviously sheets well. Im thinking I might try it on someone elses car or bonnet to begin with.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

There's no real beading in that video mate. Sheeting is way way way more important that than beading at this time of year mate. As you know!

Beading is Dodo's talent.

C1...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsw7ViFyuFg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not a 320d

Trust me mate ive seen em all!

get a pressure washer on the bonnet ;)

Cheers pet

53 Clio's & counting

Dare I ask how much that costs?! ^ lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
£660 for 500ml.

But... You only need a 15ml bottle to do 3-4 decent sized cars. It's a permenant coating so no re-application needed for around 24 months.

Not for everyone though. Wax is better for looks in the summer. :)

53 Clio's & counting

Not too bad in all honesty - I was expecting more knowing how much some waxes can cost :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Little update guys, I know Toby wasn't impressed with the beading, mostl because it's a sealant it will sheet water rather than bead it up. Sheeting is of course better due to not holding the water/dirt on your car to dry in. I find C1 beads perfectly fine, comparable to Glasur which is a very good "sheeter" for a wax.

2 pictures after 4 months and on a car washed about 2 weeks ago...

564e7ed7.jpg

7fd74717.jpg

So a real testament to just how good this stuff is. 4 months of Scottish winter, 3 washes with no top up at all.

A couple of terrible videos... and a couple of terrible pictures...

ff927268.jpg

fd21920a.jpg

f52492dc.jpg

--------

Summary, well any future car I have will have the C1 treatment, infact any future car will be given the Gtechniq treatment, paint, glass, plastics the lot. It's fantastic range and I can't see past it for a base product. or standalone.

So even if you want to top these products with say a wax or a trim dressing after 6-12 months then at least you'll know should the weaker products fail, the Gtechniq products will still be there protecting. Imo you just don't get that confidence and durability from other products.

Thanks for looking in guys, the car has had so many little bits fitted but i'll make a new thread at some point in the spring I think when I have the time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it eventually! ;) Got a couple of things to pick up for yours soon. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love the fact this car is on 100k+ miles. No-one would ever think as much unless you said.

Thanks mate, it's not perfect but it's no garage queen!

I was going to say tell me about it, but then again, you probably get it worse in Scotland!

Out of interest, how well would C1 work with having a wax on top? Will the wax bond with it correctly?

It won't be perfect but it'll add some oils to the paint as will a glaze over C1, the C1 can't be removed really so it will always be underneath at least. So looks will improve even more for shows and the summer. I'll see how I feel.

C1 won't be doing it's thing though so i'd probably re-polish next November and re-apply the C1 to let it do it's thing again for 6 months. :)