ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated 09/2 - Winter Protection Detail - Gtechniq C1/FRP/ASW Content Ect...

Porsche Boxster987S
Re: Winter Protection Detail - Gtechniq C1/FRP/ASW Content Ect...

Looks in good nick man!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Looks fantastic!
C1 sounds a bit scary to work with though..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

that looks amazing dude!

how much would i be looking at for that kind of attention on the vee?! ive decided it needs to be that good! :)

PM me if you want, where you located again?

Ha ha! I'd be happy to help shme you're not closer dude! :( I'll PM you.

Looks in good nick man!

Speak of the Devil! <3

Looks fantastic!
C1 sounds a bit scary to work with though..

Yeah Craig is pretty sorted with it, I trust him as do Gtechniq.

Great write up car looks and sounds very nice. Racing friend needs to get himself some gloves though.

Looks amazing as always. Exhaust sounds fruity, but yes it does sound a little week.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Looks amazing as always. Exhaust sounds fruity, but yes it does sound a little week.

Cheers. Kinda have to argree about the exhaust.

Vids of it under load? Charver drive-bys are ok when it's a Ford :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Lols, industrial estate as standard?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Ah, i'm guessing that's "Stuck"?

Nice post count btw...

Cheers. Should be in the 20k club soon.

FYI my heap needs a winter protection detail soon. Just a clay and then that FK wax shiz that I got. I'll do it after I get my winter tyres back on.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Massively gay.

Love it Kev. Colour is immense!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers sweet cheeks! Iirc it's worth more because Rob has sat in it.

Love the gtechniq stuff but won't be buying from them again after my most recent experience with them. A real shame but I can't be waiting two months for stuff they have allegedly posted twice not to turn up.

Turbos.

Fantastic job there. Funnily enough, i saw an FRP today near Exeter. First one i've seen in years and you'll be pleased to know it was both stock and gleaming. Almost felt bad hitting a puddle next to it in the Cayenne. Almost.

Matey in the Porsche needs to find some brave pills!

I might have missed it, but reading the £ to however many ml it was, how much product did you use? i.e. how much did the product use cost roughly?

Looks great.

There's one that apparently lives near me. I've seen it maybe three times. It has black rims. Looks too predictable TBH. 100% OEM FTW with cars like this. Maybe a bit OEM+. Need videos gayly.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Genuinely made me love a Ford, or atleast the aesthetics of yours. C1 can't be that hard to work with surely?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Lovely colour,and fair play to you for keeping a car that old looking so well...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Love the gtechniq stuff but won't be buying from them again after my most recent experience with them. A real shame but I can't be waiting two months for stuff they have allegedly posted twice not to turn up.

That's a shame mate, Pete and Rob have always been very good to me I must say.

That looks unreal Gally.

Fantastic work :)

Thanks Chris.
Fantastic job there. Funnily enough, i saw an FRP today near Exeter. First one i've seen in years and you'll be pleased to know it was both stock and gleaming. Almost felt bad hitting a puddle next to it in the Cayenne. Almost.

Matey in the Porsche needs to find some brave pills!

Fcuking Porsche owners eh! Cheers mate. Driven one before?

I might have missed it, but reading the £ to however many ml it was, how much product did you use? i.e. how much did the product use cost roughly?

Looks great.

Very very minimal product used mate. One timp of the bottle onto a make up pad will do a full front wing. Really it's more hassle if you use too much. So it's expensive outlay but you would just sell it on after one use unless you had more cars to do because you're never going to re-apply it for another 24 months maybe more. Same with G1, 3 years/30,000 miles durability.

There's one that apparently lives near me. I've seen it maybe three times. It has black rims. Looks too predictable TBH. 100% OEM FTW with cars like this. Maybe a bit OEM+. Need videos gayly.

Genuinely made me love a Ford, or atleast the aesthetics of yours. C1 can't be that hard to work with surely?

It's not hard to work with it's just that if it goes wrong you're fooked mate. Really it doesn't give you a second chance. Very unique product. If you think of it likie paint lacquer then you'll realise how fussy it can be.

Lovely colour,and fair play to you for keeping a car that old looking so well...

Thanks Ian, it does have some RDS and some stone chips but it's on 106k now. and a lot of the paint on the car is OE except the front bumper and bonnet.

Cheers Gaz.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Couple of pictures Craig took...

IMGP1159.jpg

IMGP1164.jpg

IMGP1166.jpg

IMGP1167.jpg

IMGP1172.jpg

IMGP1176.jpg

About 8.30am to 1.30pm Quick day. If it hadn't been done in July it would have easily taken a full day. Not massive car tbf either.

It takes me that long to do mine and it comes out looking a shed compared to yours!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Minter.

For people who haven't got the dollars and necessary training in their sky rocket for C1, look at C2. Approx £20 vs £700 (LOL!) and I probably used 15ml out of the bottle.

Even a numpty like myself managed a pretty tidy job of that. Squirt, wipe, buff... next panel. Supposedly 8 months protection ?

Bangtidy.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Some hair <3

They were great first time round for me, just this last order took the piss. Which is a real shame as I had been telling the father in law how great it was and was ordering the stuff do his car with. Ended up using the bits I had left from my last order which I was going to use for my winter detail to top up the existing protection. Hopefully mine will see out the winter.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Kerbed wheel :(

More than one. They really need done after winter. My boss was kind enough to offer me the chance to do them. Probably wait until the new tyres come.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's not the tidiest car in the world by a long way but it's 11 years old now!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

So whats the difference and is the £700 worth the extra over the £20 stuff?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's not quite £700. It's £660 per half litre. Bare in mind 15ml of this stuff will do around 4 cars.

The C2 is just a spray sealant will last like normal spray sealants. Research for you... http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c1-crystal-lacquer/

Read exactly what it is. :) Impressive product. Industry fact that part of the lab it's made in is thrown away after batches are made as once set it crystalises. Not sure on the ins and outs.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Looks good wee sacks, lovely colour.

I've been impresses with the nano stuff, esp after comparing mine to stoddies after a rainy night. Shame as i love wax!

IMO detailing is becoming a sham, 9/10 folk couldn't give a rats arse about swirls and defects let alone durability. A car is a mode of transport... A £80 wax or an £1800 wax, if you are stupid enough to spend £80 on a wax then you're a fud (me) if you spend £1800 on a wax then you're a silly fud!

Overall if you like detailing...you're a fud!

P.s - get a hair cut you fcuking gypo!

- Jew.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Flol! Nice post well made and to the point.

Detailing though has kinda cottoned on to the whole special wax thing Ali, people now know Vintage doesn't make your car look better than Glasur at 20x cheaper.

Years ago people were convinced these super waxes were adding something to the paint, look at Dave KG's old posts even he was into the "looks" thing.

If I had to put a cost on that C1 I used i'd say it cost £20 to do my car product alone. Bargain if you ask me. I still love wax though! Just too lazy at this time of year!

Detailing is a hobby Ali. 9/10 people can't understand people spending 2k on a camera for your photography hobby. It's not a sham aslong as you're not totally stupid!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I've got some of that Wolfs body wrap to apply 'at some point' before Aberdeen becomes Siberia. It's cheap and very impressive. Sure it won't smell of orange man fat but it will keep the car looking slick until next year when i decide that the poles deserve a break!

Regardless, car is looking well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers mate. Polish hand washes ftw iirc!

Wolfs gets a good write up. The beading will drop off quicker than people think, also can have bonding issues. The protection will probably still be there but the beading will drop off. You'll be fine come April you big Jew!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know if you had time you'd find the real quote... :eek:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4

looking good mate! when you doing mine? ;) or you gonna find another car to do again haha