ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uneven ride height

t3 corolla 116bhp
noticed a bit of an issue with the ride height on the rear of the clio. passenegers side rear sits noticeably higher than the drivers side. checked both rear shocks and springs and nothing untoward their. checked the front as well and everything seems fine. both sides sitting around same height, its just the passenger rear sitting around 10mm higher than the drivers rear. any suggestions?

both rear shocks and springs have been replaced in the last 18 months at the same intervals if that means anything

ta

J

106 GTI
Is the car parked on flat ground?
Nothing heavy in the boot?
Does the car 'bounce' when you push the boot area

t3 corolla 116bhp
on flat ground yes. done the boot thing and get the normal response, car bounces back up and settles pretty much immediately. boot is pretty much empty bar a detailing bag with a few bottles of polish. fuel tank is on the side which sits lower, would that have any bearing on it? its only half full so im uessing its holding about 25-30kg at the minute. here are the pics i took

passenger side (higher)
Image047.jpg

Drivers side (lower)
Image046.jpg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Mine was the same mate. About 10mm too, when i lowered it on just springs it helped a bit but it was still a few mm higher on one side. I put it down to renault build quality or has your car ever been in a crash?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Is your drive flat?
My drive has a drain down the end and when my car is sat neer the drain it sits a bit funny.

BMW M135i
The springs in the right position? The renault ones have a paint mark on them that goes to the bottom and the rear iirc.

Iceberg 172
i have this problem as well... all springs and shocks were replaced at the same time. ive tried some even lower springs and the difference was a lot more exaggerated (from about 15mm difference to around an inch after another 30mm drop). dont think its anything to do with spring seating and the drive is flat. could it be bush related at all i.e. at the axle pivot?