ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unable to resolve certain sites

Street Triple R
Hi guys

Hoping one of you can help me!

I seem to be unable to resolve certain websites, including ebay and autotrader but some sites are absolutely fine

This is happening on all devices in the house, I have tried rebooting everything without any success

has anyone got any ideas what this could be???

Really stuck with it!

Thanks for any help!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Have any changes to your router been made recently?

There are options within many routers that deny access to certain URLs. If it was just one device in the house, I'd suspect either malware or possibly a virus playing havoc with your browser.

As its affecting all the devices - it's either a router issue/setting - or more unlikely, a ga-ga moment with your ISP.

Can you log onto your own router at all? Which make and model is it?

D.

Street Triple R
Thanks guys, so it definitely looks like an ISP issue then, im in the London area if that makes any difference?

Yes im with BT

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lancashire for me.

If it's a wide scale issue like this, BT will be on it. Imagine the number of people contacting them and complaining at the weekend to resolve it! :)

D.

S4 Avant
Would this explain why Facebook has worked for me, and yet iMessages and whatsapp haven't?

woke up and checked Facebook, to be greeted by a psychotic girlfriend wondering why I haven't replied to any of the fifteen messages she's sent.