ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultimate Diubs photos.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Guess what? I went to Ultimate Dickheads for the first time, and here is my report.

First off, we had to clean Zi's car. The night before we put some actual wheels on it, and made sure it actually started and did general car like movements. After all, it had been on axel stands the past 3 months.

13053893403_061fdc8cf9_c.jpg

DSC_0244 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Then when we got about 3 miles outside the actual show, came the queues. OH THE QUEUES.

13053757245_2f5781d2b8_c.jpg

DSC_0251 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

3 Hours. 3, f**king, HOURS. And of course, Zi hadn't replaced the dirty water in the coolant system since the last pipe bursting incident...

13053757645_af2eb4472d_c.jpg

DSC_0246 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

So I spent a fair bit of time pushing this. In fairness, it did highlight one of the main reasons I love the VW Crowd. A few of the older cars were starting to feel the heat in the Queue, and literally everyone was coming over and offering help.

13053892673_958b5eeda8_c.jpg

DSC_0250 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

When I finally got in I took some very bad dark photos of the cars that caught my eye.

13054070674_0130b12390_c.jpg

DSC_0261 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

This was awesome. Hand controls as well!

13053891613_76a0030cfb_c.jpg

DSC_0263 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13053891183_55a30350ca_c.jpg

DSC_0264 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13053890673_58c63de474_c.jpg

DSC_0265 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13053755505_122a2061af_c.jpg

DSC_0267 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13054068484_d1bf81fbe8_c.jpg

DSC_0281 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

This was stupid clean.

13053889573_64e19bd48c_c.jpg

DSC_0285 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13053754235_49bd7b2390_c.jpg

DSC_0289 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13054067124_fe8dca7cf9_c.jpg

DSC_0294 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13053753445_eeb5ba39ea_c.jpg

DSC_0314 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

So, would I go again? No. It was a surprisingly big show, and pretty good. But as with all the "Big" shows, there were just too many people and too many w**k cars in the show and shine bit. If they took their time and hand picked what did and didnt make it in (Much like at Players Classic) you just end up with a better show. Also, £15?! Sorry, that is way too much.

Oh, and the traffic was shite. As per the video below...

http://instagram.com/p/lUfbwVlMoZ/

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks epic that RS6, you say hand controls? As in acceleration etc?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A bone stock car with different wheels and maybe slightly lowered ?

Its not bone stock if it has a black front badge, no rear badges, black wheels and is 2" lower than it should be.

Standard is 100% better

Audi-RS-6-Avant-1_2607839b.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yup.

I do quite like those two bonkers coloured Mk1 TT's though. They're pretty odd ball, but I like them!

I like the Olive one. The mint one is on the TT forum I frequent and ED38. Not a fan myself. Its come a long was very quickly though!

I saw one in that grey primer colour once on a motorway, it had some properly mad camber & was smoothed etc. It had a girl driving & I thought it was the nuts!

For some reason I like properly messed about with TT's, I have no idea why though.

182 track, Mk7 ST
1922328_759847027359686_850556161_n.jpg

Lol.

This.

I really don't get this kind of shite! Why bother making a car sit on the deck, look truly awful and then even worse, stick a horrific looking cage in it?

On the other hand I really do like that RS6, some nice touches on it, running some serious power too!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Good write up, I was planning on going but i'm glad I didn't waste my time travelling so far. Photo's look good too! :)

Nice write up as usual youth, I know it's a daft thing to like, but I've never seen the bonnet up on a z3, love the way it exposes the arch liners.

I thought this! Ha

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The Fake cage is full of epic lols. So much banter going around the forums/Facebook about it. I dont get why. There are so many cars that have just had money through at them "I want air, wheels and expensive paint". No real imagination. If the owner likes it, great. But not for me. The quirkier stuff caught my eye.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I went to this on the saturday night, it was nice for something different but I wouldn't go again, I'm glad I didn't queue up for that long though jesus, we were straight in!

I remember when the rat look stuff first kicked off, people were doing it to brand new Golfs etc, but only the bonnet (i.e. stuff that could easily be swapped back in about five minutes) :rolleyes:

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I'm quite a big fan of many aspects associated with the vag scene. However, even i'd agree that fake cages like the above make a mockery of everything else parked in the show ground. And it is true that many folk now believe the more expensive the initial project car or the more money they spend on it means the better it is. That does piss me off as there are s**t loads of extremely talented guys who labour away in there little garages for months and months to produce something truly mint. Then you get blokes turning up to E38/Ud's in the latest Porsche with self made, ill fitting bodykits, horrific looking exhaust systems and a colour scheme that wouldn't look out of place on a gay activists march flag. Unfortunately its the later that seems to get all the piccies on the web which I reckon lets the ethos of it all down. Such a shame.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm quite a big fan of many aspects associated with the vag scene. However, even i'd agree that fake cages like the above make a mockery of everything else parked in the show ground. And it is true that many folk now believe the more expensive the initial project car or the more money they spend on it means the better it is. That does piss me off as there are s**t loads of extremely talented guys who labour away in there little garages for months and months to produce something truly mint. Then you get blokes turning up to E38/Ud's in the latest Porsche with self made, ill fitting bodykits, horrific looking exhaust systems and a colour scheme that wouldn't look out of place on a gay activists march flag. Unfortunately its the later that seems to get all the piccies on the web which I reckon lets the ethos of it all down. Such a shame.

:hail:

This. I appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into some great cars. Shame these s**t boxes and money sinks get so much attention really!

LOL@queues. Come off at the next junction and go the other way round - takes less than 5 minutes.

Saw people queuing like in the photo when we were leaving at around 2pm.