ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TYRES... which make?

Clio on SL 2118s
Hi
Im looking for some 195/50/15 for my 2118s

seen:
yokohama parada spec 2's for £40 each
Pirelli P6000 for £40 each
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 for £44.70 each
Firenza (believe they are made by falken) for £37 each balanced and fitted.
Falken ZE512 or 912 for £37.70 each
Toyo Proxes T1-R for £33.70 each
Toyo Proxes 4 for £39.90 each

only the Firenza ones are balanced and fitted as its from a dealer near me.

which one would be the best out of those and any more suggestions around this price would be good?

thanks for the help
Sam

F1s every time.

Avoid P6000s like you'd avoid a drunk slapper on a friday night, unless you like inspecting the contents of ditches closely at a moments notice!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
have you checked etyres.co.uk ?

just ordered a Michelin Exalto 2 195/50/15 @ £55 fitted.

the usual suspects wanted £75 for it !

LY 182
T1-Rs for me mate
i have these and the front end dosn't seem to grip for sh*t.
never really heard good reveiws on them either.
my problem is the cars always had t1rs so i cant really put the lack of grip down to the tyres

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had T1-s on my last car, thought they were pretty good for everyday driving :)

Just ordered a set of T1-r for the 172 as I need new ones for mot

182 with Cup Pack
Recently had Michelin PE 2's fitted to mine. Went to a track day at Anglesey, and had great grip in the wet and dry. I had less understeer than my mate in his Porsche Turbo ;)

Mk1 Maxim Sport
How are they so cheap?? iv just looked on that etyres and 195/45r15V's for mine are coming up at £60+ a tyre. Is that good?

road and/or track? some otherwise good road tyres aren't much cop on track. i'd go with the Paradas myself (for either) but then i like Yokohamas

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Ive always rated Eagle F1s and Toyo T1Rs. The T1Rs are my usual choice as they are usually the cheaper option!

As you've had both, which tyres do you prefer for grip dry/wet & lasting wear?

I found there to be little or no difference in the dry, although the F1s were slightly better in the wet - i used both on my old 200sx. The T1Rs lasted a little longer, and were cheaper in the first instance.

I then continued to use the T1Rs on my next car (an FTO GPX - not the horrible tippy either) and being FWD with much less torque, they wern't troubled at all.

As far as 'reasonably' priced tyres go, you will struggle to beat the T1R for performance and value. They were much better than the previous T1S, which i had also used on an Almera GTi - dont laugh!

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
I have also used Yokohama 539's (i think) a long time ago. They were good for both wet and dry grip but they were very soft compound and wore out in no time.
I think they were discontinued a while ago though.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Now i come to think of it, i had used some super expensive BF Goodridge tyres on my Almera (before i changed the wheels). I had paid a fortune for them in an emergency and they were total crap - that was the main reason i changed the wheels and moved onto Toyos.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Got my Toyo T1-Rs fitted on Tuesday (MOT tonight)

Haven't been too far yet as I'm off-road until after the test tonight but I find them so much better than the all-sorts that were on the car (continental's and Michelin's iirc) :)

White Sti Hatch
Got my Toyo T1-Rs fitted on Tuesday (MOT tonight)

Haven't been too far yet as I'm off-road until after the test tonight but I find them so much better than the all-sorts that were on the car (continental's and Michelin's iirc) :)

See T1-Rs for the win !!!

can get pirelli pzero nero's in 17 for 84 each fitted...reckon this is a good price people?
t1-r's 76 quid fitted

Clio on SL 2118s
just looking at the eagle f1s and there is two types

195/50 R15 82H

or

195/50 R15 82V BSW

the BSW ones are a higher speed rating arent they?

but they are the same price, would i best going for the bottom ones?