ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres - Sizes...

Iceberg 172
Hi guys,

I've got a set of Cup Turini's on my Clio with Toyo Proxies T1R's in 195/45 16's.

I'm looking for a new set of tyres which are better than the Toyo's. Not because I think the Toyo's aren't good enough, but if there's an improvement to be had I want it!

I'm not really bothered about whether they'll last 30k miles or if they're not great submurged in 2" of snow / water.

I don't push my car in the wet too much so I want the best tyre available for dry roads.

Saying that, I don't want R888's etc... they have to be proper Road tyres.

So what do you think is best? Everyone goes on about Hankooks on here yet no other forum I've been on rates them.

I've been looking at the following...

Goodyear F1 GSD3's
Yokohama Parada Spec 2's
Hankooks
Another set of Toyo's.

They other thing is a lot of these aren't available in 195/45 16's, am I OK to put 205/45 (or should I go for a 40 profile on a 205 width?).

I'll probably end up with another set of T1R's!!!!!!!!!!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Everyone slates the parada's on here.... A mate of mine had them on his old fiesta st and I thought they were pretty good tbh. Certainly better than the 'recommended' tyre that came off (can't remember what they were?)

Having said that, I'd still buy Hankook's. 100%. Excellent tyre for a very reasonable price.

Iceberg 172
Ford ST - Probably Pirelli P Zero Nero's which imo are awful tyres!

See I don't want Hankooks as they're "good value"... I want to know what is the best tyre for fast road use... no track work, just enthusiastic driving in the dry and easy'ish in the wet.

I can't find PE2's available anywhere.

Hankooks are always reviewed as "excellent FOR THE PRICE", where as others like the Goodyear F1, T1R etc etc have always got reviews stating how grippy they are and not about the VFM.

Iceberg 172
The only good thing I can say about Michelin Tyres I've had previously is that they last forever!!

Are ps3's going to offer the best grip and feel??

Iceberg 172
The ps2's I had on my TT were awful compared to Avon ZZ3's so that put me of michi's and I had conti's on my Ibiza which were also awful!

Annoyingly, a lot of Tyres don't come in 16's!

Fiesta ST3
im thinkin of going for a set of continental sport contact 3's for my cup in 195/45/16, roughly 350 quid fitted. Ive heard they're very good ;)

Stripped yozza'd cup
I think the PS3's are going to be harder than the PE2's arent they?

I see what you mean, but price aside, I still think the Hankook's are excellent tyres. Massive amount of grip, dry or wet, and very predictable. Exactly what I want in a tyre.

Listerine & Poledo
im thinkin of going for a set of continental sport contact 3's for my cup in 195/45/16, roughly 350 quid fitted. Ive heard they're very good ;)

When I got my 172 Iit came with Conti's all round and I've kept it that way since.

As such, I know no different, but they certainly grip

Iceberg 172
I think the PS3's are going to be harder than the PE2's arent they?

I see what you mean, but price aside, I still think the Hankook's are excellent tyres. Massive amount of grip, dry or wet, and very predictable. Exactly what I want in a tyre.

Ok cool, maybe I'll try them... I've always thought of Hankook as budget / mid range brand... not really a premium brand.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ford ST - Probably Pirelli P Zero Nero's which imo are awful tyres!

See I don't want Hankooks as they're "good value"... I want to know what is the best tyre for fast road use... no track work, just enthusiastic driving in the dry and easy'ish in the wet.

I can't find PE2's available anywhere.

Hankooks are always reviewed as "excellent FOR THE PRICE", where as others like the Goodyear F1, T1R etc etc have always got reviews stating how grippy they are and not about the VFM.

hankook rs-2 is very grippy, a good trackday tyre and good also for daily driving, it won't last forever as others but you do get the grip ;)

Iceberg 172
I've decided on Yokohama Parada Spec 2's in 205/45 16's... The only bad thing I've read about them are that they don't last very long and they're not the best in the wet... Yet everyone says how grippy they are in the dry! Which is exactly what I want as I don't drive like an idiot in the wet.