ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres! For 182 cup wheels

Black/Gold 182 ff
Need the lot replacing can anyone recommend decent cheap ish tyres? And where may be best to get them I'm based in Sunderland thanks

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Best tyre on a budget is probably uniroyal rain sport 2s or Hankook V12s. Have a look on camskill website then just get them fitted at a local tyre fitting garage.

320d
Pirelli Pzero Nero's are superb. About £100 a corner. I don't see the point in buying a performance orientated car then putting cheap rubber on it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Another vote for Uniroyal Rainsport 2's from me . That's what i'm been running on my 182 . They're easily as good as the Michelin PE2's , especially in the wet . You can get them fitted for about £75 a corner .

WRX
PZero Neros are only £82 FITTED!!! In 195 off tyretraders, that's W rated too. I don't know about 205 price though.

182 Cup
On this point, I have p zero neros on the front, love them.

Everywhere I've looked having the same for the back will end up costing me £50 more for 205 than 195. However I have 205s on already and I'm not sure its a good idea having tyres different widths. Is it as bad as I think it is or could I get away with it? :D

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
On this point, I have p zero neros on the front, love them.

Everywhere I've looked having the same for the back will end up costing me £50 more for 205 than 195. However I have 205s on already and I'm not sure its a good idea having tyres different widths. Is it as bad as I think it is or could I get away with it? :D

Shouldn't be a problem, I would run the 195s on the front and the 205s on the rear.

M140i/Orange 182
Pilot sport 3's? Got them all round on my 182 and they perform very well in dry and wet conditions.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Ive just got a set of four Kumho KU39's (size: 205/45/16), £300 for the lot fitted and balanced.

They grip very well, road noise is more than acceptable, wet performance is very good (B rated) and economy is good too.

A very very good value tyre and you'd have to spend ALOT more to do better. They may be on www.blackcircles.com at a competitive price IIRC.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Ive just got a set of four Kumho KU39's (size: 205/45/16), £300 for the lot fitted and balanced.

They grip very well, road noise is more than acceptable, wet performance is very good (B rated) and economy is good too.

A very very good value tyre and you'd have to spend ALOT more to do better. They may be on www.blackcircles.com at a competitive price IIRC.

You wouldn't have to spend ALOT more for tyres that are better and max £100 more to have tyres that are way better.

The fuel economy rating is a load of balls, so doesn't really matter if its A rated or F rated.

Kumhos are good, I would put them level with Uniroyal Rainsport 2s, Falken and Hankook, a mid range performance tyre.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Sounds like we rate them the same then :)

But having to pay an extra 25% to even start getting a better tyre to me is alot and makes the Kumho even better value.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Sounds like we rate them the same then :)

But having to pay an extra 25% to even start getting a better tyre to me is alot and makes the Kumho even better value.

Yeah true, Hankook, Falken, Uniroyal etc all very similar priced. Next step is the likes of Bridgestone, Continental and Dunlop. Then even higher up is Vredestein, Yokohama and Michelin. Although whether some of them are worth their money is debatable ;)

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Yeah true, Hankook, Falken, Uniroyal etc all very similar priced. Next step is the likes of Bridgestone, Continental and Dunlop. Then even higher up is Vredestein, Yokohama and Michelin. Although whether some of them are worth their money is debatable ;)

Agreed!